Apr 2, 2014, 2:16 PM EDT
So it’s somewhat less surprising that The Special One has tabbed Andre Schurrle as the lone striker for Chelsea in its UEFA Champions League quarterfinal first leg against high-flying Paris Saint-Germain.
Schurrle played more than a bit of striker at his last stop, Bayer Leverkusen. Overall, he scored 14 goals in 43 appearances during his final year in Germany. He’s more of a “second striker” type, but who knows what Mourinho has in store?
In other news, it’s Petr Cech‘s 100th European appearance tonight.
PSG: Sirigu, Thiago Silva, Alex, Maxwell, Jallet, Thiago Motta, Matuidi, Verratti, Cavani, Ibrahimovic, Lavezzi.
- 2014-15 Premier League season review: PST’s Best XI of the Season 0
- Blatter’s “Wolf of Wall Street” moment could play out the exact same way 4
- Prince Ali Bin Al-Hussein withdraws from second vote; Cocky Blatter speaks in power, references “offshore” future 35
- FA Cup final preview: Aston Villa underdogs in Arsenal’s pursuit of back-to-back cups 1
- 2014-15 Premier League season review: PST’s Player of the Season 5
- Al-Hussein, Blatter address voters ahead of presidential election; First vote coming 6