Apr 2, 2014, 2:16 PM EDT
So it’s somewhat less surprising that The Special One has tabbed Andre Schurrle as the lone striker for Chelsea in its UEFA Champions League quarterfinal first leg against high-flying Paris Saint-Germain.
Schurrle played more than a bit of striker at his last stop, Bayer Leverkusen. Overall, he scored 14 goals in 43 appearances during his final year in Germany. He’s more of a “second striker” type, but who knows what Mourinho has in store?
In other news, it’s Petr Cech‘s 100th European appearance tonight.
PSG: Sirigu, Thiago Silva, Alex, Maxwell, Jallet, Thiago Motta, Matuidi, Verratti, Cavani, Ibrahimovic, Lavezzi.
- MLS Player of the Week — Week 8: Columbus Crew SC’s Ethan Finlay 0
- MLS Team of the Week — Stars of Week 8 0
- Not even allowed an appeal: CONCACAF confirms Bush suspension for Champions League final 2
- Premier League Playback: Chelsea brilliant, not boring, as title inches closer 0
- MLS official squashes rumor of emergency intra-MLS goalkeeper loan for CONCACAF Champions League final 11
- VIDEO: Premier League Player of the Week — Round 34 0