Apr 2, 2014, 2:16 PM EDT
So it’s somewhat less surprising that The Special One has tabbed Andre Schurrle as the lone striker for Chelsea in its UEFA Champions League quarterfinal first leg against high-flying Paris Saint-Germain.
Schurrle played more than a bit of striker at his last stop, Bayer Leverkusen. Overall, he scored 14 goals in 43 appearances during his final year in Germany. He’s more of a “second striker” type, but who knows what Mourinho has in store?
In other news, it’s Petr Cech‘s 100th European appearance tonight.
PSG: Sirigu, Thiago Silva, Alex, Maxwell, Jallet, Thiago Motta, Matuidi, Verratti, Cavani, Ibrahimovic, Lavezzi.
- FIFA president Sepp Blatter is “ready to change.” Do we believe this? 1
- On Jurgen Klinsmann and Michael Bradley and “playing out of position” 9
- Three things we learned from the USMNT’s late 1-1 draw in Switzerland 1
- Player ratings: Stars and flops for the USMNT in 1-1 draw at Switzerland 14
- Switzerland 1-1 USMNT: Another late equalizer cancels out Shea’s stunner 3
- VIDEO: Watch Brek Shea’s stunning free kick for USA against Switzerland 3