Apr 2, 2014, 2:16 PM EST
So it’s somewhat less surprising that The Special One has tabbed Andre Schurrle as the lone striker for Chelsea in its UEFA Champions League quarterfinal first leg against high-flying Paris Saint-Germain.
Schurrle played more than a bit of striker at his last stop, Bayer Leverkusen. Overall, he scored 14 goals in 43 appearances during his final year in Germany. He’s more of a “second striker” type, but who knows what Mourinho has in store?
In other news, it’s Petr Cech‘s 100th European appearance tonight.
PSG: Sirigu, Thiago Silva, Alex, Maxwell, Jallet, Thiago Motta, Matuidi, Verratti, Cavani, Ibrahimovic, Lavezzi.
- Another set back for Southampton: Jay Rodriguez’s nightmare year continues 0
- Premier League Preview: Aston Villa vs. Manchester United 0
- Prince-Wright’s Premier League picks: Everton, Manchester United, Liverpool 0
- Report: Garcia’s World Cup ethics report to be released after all 4
- Paul Scholes: Thierry Henry’s legendary goal vs. Man United was my fault 2
- Premier League Power Rankings: Arsenal, Everton rising, Saints falling 3