Apr 2, 2014, 2:16 PM EDT
So it’s somewhat less surprising that The Special One has tabbed Andre Schurrle as the lone striker for Chelsea in its UEFA Champions League quarterfinal first leg against high-flying Paris Saint-Germain.
Schurrle played more than a bit of striker at his last stop, Bayer Leverkusen. Overall, he scored 14 goals in 43 appearances during his final year in Germany. He’s more of a “second striker” type, but who knows what Mourinho has in store?
In other news, it’s Petr Cech‘s 100th European appearance tonight.
PSG: Sirigu, Thiago Silva, Alex, Maxwell, Jallet, Thiago Motta, Matuidi, Verratti, Cavani, Ibrahimovic, Lavezzi.
- Saturday Premier League roundup: Chelsea win again, Arsenal fight back 0
- Everton 2-2 Arsenal: Late goals seals dramatic comeback for Gunners 1
- Chelsea 2-0 Leicester City: Costa scores again, Hazard ensures win 1
- Aston Villa 0-0 Newcastle: Guzan saves a point as Villa moves top 0
- ‘Powerful explosions’ rock Shakhtar Donetsk’s home stadium in Ukraine 2
- WATCH: Premier League online via NBC Sports Live Extra – Week 2 0