Apr 4, 2014, 10:09 AM EDT
Sir Alex Ferguson has been out of the coaching game for less than a season, and he’s already getting itchy feet.
But instead of heading back to the locker room, Fergie will soon be coming to classroom near you. Well, that’s if you attend Harvard.
Following his successful lecture last year at the world-renowned institution based in Boston, where Fergie revealed many of his management secrets, the former Manchester United boss will start his new role as part of a new program entitled ‘The Business of Entertainment, Media and Sports’ in early May.
Fergie, 72, has agreed to the ‘long-term teaching position’ at Harvard Business School, and is looking forward to the challenge of passing on his knowledge of management after delivering 38 trophies in 26 years at United. Here is what Ferguson said in a release from Harvard.
“I’m delighted to have the opportunity and privilege to contribute to such a respected center of excellence,” Ferguson said. “The time I have already spent at Harvard has been a stimulating experience and I look forward to developing my relationship and activities with the students, faculty and friends of the Harvard Business School community.”
Harvard Business School professor Anita Elberse originally analyzed Ferguson’s management approach and developed a study entitled ‘Sir Alex Ferguson: Managing Manchester United.’ The Scotsman spoke at Harvard last year on that topic, and Elberse is looking forward to the new relationship between Ferguson and the Ivy league university.
But the biggest question remains: if lectures overrun, will his famous ‘Fergie time’ be in place?
- Reports: Jermaine Jones coming to Chicago, move welcomed by Fire 0
- Atlético Madrid latest club linked with Javier ‘Chicharito’ Hernández 3
- Romelu Lukaku completes permanent, $47 million move to Everton 8
- Report: US to play friendly vs. Colombia in San Antonio 1
- Transfer Rumor Roundup: Cuadrado to Manchester United, Lukaku to Everton 0
- Steven Gerrard endured “worst three months” of his life after Liverpool, England heartbreak 3