Apr 5, 2014, 9:15 AM EDT
Cardiff City will be desperate for all three points as they host Crystal Palace on Saturday (Watch live at 10 a.m. ET online via Live Extra).
Palace, one imagines, floated on a cloud all the way to Wales, still bolstered by last week’s surprise victory over Chelsea. The win puts them five points clear of the relegation zone, giving further credence to Tony Pulis‘s reputation as a man who will never allow his side to be relegated.
Then again, if Palace slip up, they’re right back in the mix again, so will we see a rather cautious approach from both sides? After all, these two teams are two of the lowest scoring in the Premier League, and it may be to both their benefits to get a point rather than lose all three.
Except for the fact that even a win from Cardiff doesn’t guarantee safety, as the Bluebirds are three points off West Brom,w ho have a game in hand. If ever there was a time for the hosts to press for flat-out victory, this week is certainly it.
No surprises here – Pulis keeps his side unchanged after last week’s victory over Chelsea. Back from injury, Marouane Chamakh returns to the bench in case the visitors need an extra attacking threat late in the game.
Cardiff City: Marshall; Theophile-Catherine, Caulker, Turner, Taylor; Medel, Mutch, Daehli, Zaha; Campbell, Jones
Subs: Lewis, Eikrem, Noone, Cowie, Mcnaughton, Cala, Bellamy
Crystal Palace: Speroni, Mariappa, Dann, Delaney, Ward, Dikgacoi, Jedinak, Ledley, Puncheon, Bolasie, Jerome
Subs: Hennessey, Gabbidon, Parr, Ince, Gayle, Murray, Chamakh
- Atlanta’s new MLS franchise has already sold 14,000 season tickets 0
- No signings in 2015: Barcelona’s transfer ban upheld, FIFA rejects appeal 1
- Report: Tottenham set to raid Manchester United, line up Fellaini, Hernandez deals 4
- Spanish Super Cup: Late goal allows Atlético to claim first leg draw at Real Madrid 0
- UEFA Champions League Roundup: Arsenal held; Athletic takes 1-1 draw out of Naples 1
- PST Major League Soccer Player of the Week: Fabián Castillo 0