Apr 5, 2014, 9:30 AM EDT
West Brom can’t afford to repeat last week’s mistakes as they travel to Carrow Road to take on Norwich City (Watch live at 10 a.m. ET online via Live Extra).
Last week against fellow strugglers Cardiff City, West Brom held a 2-1 lead into the 73rd minute, when the visitors equalized. The Baggies must’ve thought they were home free when a goal from Thievy Bifouma sparked celebrations at the Hawthorns. But before the ground had even quieted, Mats Daehli equalized for Cardiff, and the sides were forced to share the spoils.
That leaves West Brom just three points in the clear, although they do still have a game in hand. Norwich, meanwhile, aren’t comfortable either, just six points above the drop. The Canaries do have home field advantage, however, having not lost a match at Carrow Road this calendar year. But considering their lackluster performance in the 3-0 loss at Swansea last weekend, will that advantage really be enough?
The visitors have just one change, and, no surprise, it’s a defensive one. Jonas Olsson comes in for Craig Dawson at center back. Is Pepe Mel counting on another early goal from Morgan Amalfitano, coupled with a better defensive display from the Baggies?
Norwich City: Ruddy; Martin, Yobo, Bassong, Olsson; Snodgrass, Howson, Tettey, Hoolahan; Elmander, Hooper
Subs: Bunn, Whittaker, Johnson, van Wolfswinkel, Gutierrez, Becchio, Redmond.
West Bromwich Albion: Foster, Reid, McAuley, Olsson, Ridgewell, Amalfitano, Morrison, Mulumbu, Dorrans, Sessegnon, Vydra
Subs: Myhill, Thievy, Berahino, Dawson, O’Neil, Gera, Anichebe
- Premier League 2015-16 season preview: Liverpool 2
- VIDEO: Chelsea’s Eden Hazard dances around Barcelona to score magical goal 0
- Chelsea 2-2 Barcelona: Good-looking goals to spare in Maryland (video) 3
- Official: Miguel Herrera fired by Mexico days after Gold Cup win, alleged attack on journalist 17
- Tuesday’s Transfer Rumor Roundup: Benzema to Arsenal, Berahino to Tottenham 5
- Premier League 2015-16 season preview: Chelsea 1