Apr 6, 2014, 6:52 PM EDT
AS Roma is not going away, as Mattia Destro’s hat trick reminded us that Juventus’ big lead atop the Serie A table remains open for discussion.
I Lupi kept Cagliari‘s Serie A survival in question as well with their 3-1 win at Stadio Is Arenas, though the home squad remains a relatively-safe seven points clear of the drop.
Destro’s hat trick was natural, as the freshly-minted 23-year-old netted in the 32nd, 56th and 73rd minutes. He has seven goals in his last six matches and here you’ll see them coupled with some robotic voiceover work:
Meanwhile, Napoli fell 1-0 at Parma and is now 12 points back of Roma for second place. In fact, it’s more likely Fiorentina will make a charge on Napoli, as the fourth-place Viola built a two-goal lead before holding on to beat visiting Udinese 2-1.
- Atalanta 0-2 Sassuolo — Nicola Sansone has his supporters eating out of the palm of his hand after inching his club to within three points of safety after his brace.
- Chievo 0-1 Verona — Luca Toni is now within seven goals of 200 in Serie A. Could the old man be on his way to Brazil?
- Inter Milan 2-2 Bologna — Break up Bologna! The Greyhounds add another point to their hopes for safety with Panagiotis Koné’s late equalizer.
- Catania 1-2 Torino – Ciro Immobile’s breakout season continues with 83rd minute winner as visitors post dramatic comeback.
- Lazio 2-0 Sampdoria – Goals on either side of halftime keep the hosts in the European discussion.
- Juventus vs. Livorno – Monday
- Genoa vs. AC Milan — Monday
- Premier League transfer window grades – Which team did the best business? 0
- Done Deal: Radamel Falcao completes move to Manchester United 3
- Done Deal: Better late than never, Arsenal seals deal with Welbeck 2
- Americans Abroad wrap: Guzan stays unbeaten, Lichaj & Bedoya thrive 1
- Done Deal: Listing all the Deadline Day deals from the Premier League 5
- Southampton sign Toby Alderweireld, add $18 million winger Sadio Mane 0