Apr 6, 2014, 3:36 PM EDT
Our long national nightmare is over, as Aron Johannsson’s six-match run without points has finally come to a close. The Icelandic-Alabaman recorded a goal, an assist and, well… something else in AZ Alkmaar’s 2-2 draw with Roda JC Kerkrade.
Johannsson played provider on Markus Henriksen’s first-half equalizer, before briefly putting AZ in front when he flashed across goal for a great close-in header in the 59th minute:
But what’s getting all the run this weekend is a “touching” moment from Roda defender Guy Ramos, who got up close and personal with “Aron Junior” in the match, taking a moment to size up the American forward. Presented without further comment:
The easy corny joke here is that Ramos got familiar with Johannsson from A to Z this weekend, but who’s going to sink so low to make such a quip? Who, I say?
- Didier Drogba has officially rejoined Jose Mourinho at Chelsea 3
- FIFA says World Cup will stay in Russia, “can achieve positive change” 5
- DaMarcus Beasley, introduced in Houston: I see myself as a left back 1
- Wenger talks Zelalem, gets taste of U.S. obsession for potential international 3
- EXCLUSIVE: Manchester United’s new signing Ander Herrera focused on success 2
- Serbian boss: Freddy Adu sought by Europa, UCL clubs in Serbia, Cyprus 0