Apr 6, 2014, 3:36 PM EDT
Our long national nightmare is over, as Aron Johannsson’s six-match run without points has finally come to a close. The Icelandic-Alabaman recorded a goal, an assist and, well… something else in AZ Alkmaar’s 2-2 draw with Roda JC Kerkrade.
Johannsson played provider on Markus Henriksen’s first-half equalizer, before briefly putting AZ in front when he flashed across goal for a great close-in header in the 59th minute:
But what’s getting all the run this weekend is a “touching” moment from Roda defender Guy Ramos, who got up close and personal with “Aron Junior” in the match, taking a moment to size up the American forward. Presented without further comment:
The easy corny joke here is that Ramos got familiar with Johannsson from A to Z this weekend, but who’s going to sink so low to make such a quip? Who, I say?
- Angel Di Maria gets love from Ronaldo, Sergio Ramos and Diego Simeone 0
- Jozy Altidore is the happiest he’s ever been, says Gus Poyet 2
- Malky Mackay and Iain Moody investigated by FA for ‘sexist, racist and homophobic’ text messages while at Cardiff City 4
- Liverpool and AC Milan in talks over deal for Mario Balotelli 5
- Atlanta’s new MLS franchise has already sold 14,000 season tickets 9
- No signings in 2015: Barcelona’s transfer ban upheld, FIFA rejects appeal 3