Apr 6, 2014, 3:36 PM EST
Our long national nightmare is over, as Aron Johannsson’s six-match run without points has finally come to a close. The Icelandic-Alabaman recorded a goal, an assist and, well… something else in AZ Alkmaar’s 2-2 draw with Roda JC Kerkrade.
Johannsson played provider on Markus Henriksen’s first-half equalizer, before briefly putting AZ in front when he flashed across goal for a great close-in header in the 59th minute:
But what’s getting all the run this weekend is a “touching” moment from Roda defender Guy Ramos, who got up close and personal with “Aron Junior” in the match, taking a moment to size up the American forward. Presented without further comment:
The easy corny joke here is that Ramos got familiar with Johannsson from A to Z this weekend, but who’s going to sink so low to make such a quip? Who, I say?
- Inside Look, MLS Cup Playoffs: How Revs, Galaxy built very different one-goal leads 0
- Recap: LA Galaxy grab 1-0 lead over Seattle Sounders in Western Conference Championship 1
- Despite artificial turf, New York Red Bulls’ Thierry Henry says he’ll play next week at New England 1
- Recap: New England Revolution snatch 2-1 lead, two away goals from New York Red Bulls 4
- Video: Brendan Rodgers says Liverpool needs to “become a team” 1
- Crystal Palace 3-1 Liverpool: Bolasie carves up Liverpool defense 3