Apr 6, 2014, 3:36 PM EST
Our long national nightmare is over, as Aron Johannsson’s six-match run without points has finally come to a close. The Icelandic-Alabaman recorded a goal, an assist and, well… something else in AZ Alkmaar’s 2-2 draw with Roda JC Kerkrade.
Johannsson played provider on Markus Henriksen’s first-half equalizer, before briefly putting AZ in front when he flashed across goal for a great close-in header in the 59th minute:
But what’s getting all the run this weekend is a “touching” moment from Roda defender Guy Ramos, who got up close and personal with “Aron Junior” in the match, taking a moment to size up the American forward. Presented without further comment:
The easy corny joke here is that Ramos got familiar with Johannsson from A to Z this weekend, but who’s going to sink so low to make such a quip? Who, I say?
- Marvell Wynne, Bakary Soumare headline Stage 2 of MLS Re-Entry Draft results 0
- Premier League Power Rankings: Arsenal, Everton rising, Saints falling 1
- Robbie Rogers: FIFA “insane” to host World Cups in Russia, Qatar 4
- Stoke City confirm Brek Shea is finalizing move to Orlando City 1
- Soccer stadium approved in Las Vegas, as MLS expansion talk heats up in Sin City 2
- Borussia Dortmund’s Marco Reus fined $665,000 for driving without a license 1