Apr 6, 2014, 3:36 PM EDT
Our long national nightmare is over, as Aron Johannsson’s six-match run without points has finally come to a close. The Icelandic-Alabaman recorded a goal, an assist and, well… something else in AZ Alkmaar’s 2-2 draw with Roda JC Kerkrade.
Johannsson played provider on Markus Henriksen’s first-half equalizer, before briefly putting AZ in front when he flashed across goal for a great close-in header in the 59th minute:
But what’s getting all the run this weekend is a “touching” moment from Roda defender Guy Ramos, who got up close and personal with “Aron Junior” in the match, taking a moment to size up the American forward. Presented without further comment:
The easy corny joke here is that Ramos got familiar with Johannsson from A to Z this weekend, but who’s going to sink so low to make such a quip? Who, I say?
- Julian Draxler’s stunning performance puts Chelsea, Premier League on high alert 0
- Yaya Toure’s lackluster display stands out as Manchester City struggle 3
- UEFA Champions League roundup: Roma, Porto win big; Chelsea, PSG slip up 0
- Chelsea 1-1 Schalke 04: Huntelaar secures point for the underdogs 0
- Bayern Munich 1-0 Manchester City: Last-gasp win for Bayern in Bavaria 2
- Men In Blazers podcast: A happy PL return, while Spencer Lanning talks ‘football’ 0