Apr 6, 2014, 3:36 PM EDT
Our long national nightmare is over, as Aron Johannsson’s six-match run without points has finally come to a close. The Icelandic-Alabaman recorded a goal, an assist and, well… something else in AZ Alkmaar’s 2-2 draw with Roda JC Kerkrade.
Johannsson played provider on Markus Henriksen’s first-half equalizer, before briefly putting AZ in front when he flashed across goal for a great close-in header in the 59th minute:
But what’s getting all the run this weekend is a “touching” moment from Roda defender Guy Ramos, who got up close and personal with “Aron Junior” in the match, taking a moment to size up the American forward. Presented without further comment:
The easy corny joke here is that Ramos got familiar with Johannsson from A to Z this weekend, but who’s going to sink so low to make such a quip? Who, I say?
- Premier League roundup: Tense Saturday, as relegation battle intensifies 0
- Manchester City 3-2 Aston Villa: Stunning finish sees City hold on after Guzan’s blunder 2
- Back in the big time: Watford promoted to the Premier League 3
- Burnley 0-1 Leicester City: Foxes move out of drop zone, send Clarets bottom! 0
- Southampton 2-2 Tottenham Hotspur: Visitors twice come back from Pelle goals 0
- Watch Live: West Bromwich Albion vs. Liverpool (Lineups and Live Stream) 0