Apr 6, 2014, 7:59 AM EDT
Two teams in strikingly different form enter Goodison Park with Champions League futures on the line at 8:30am ET on NBCSN or live online at NBC Sports Live Extra.
With the Toffees just four points back of the Gunners in the fourth and final qualifying spot, Arsene Wenger must fend off a hungry Everton to ensure their survival in next year’s top competition.
Unfortunately for Arsenal, they’ve won just one of their last five away matches in the Premier League, while Everton come in on top form, having won four games in a row.
The run for the Toffees is somewhat surprising because they’ve weathered quite a few injuries to reach their mark.
Captain Phil Jagielka remains out despite the thought he was nearly ready to go a few weeks ago, while Steven Pienaar is also not quite ready to return. Both have missed six and four matches respectively.
Arsenal receives a major boost as Aaron Ramsey, out since Boxing Day, will return to the lineup. He was in top form before injuring a thigh muscle.
Everton – Howard; Baines, Distin, Stones, Coleman; McCarthy, Barry, Osman, Naismith; Mirallas, Lukaku.
Bench – Robles, Hibbert, McGeady, Deulofeu, Barkley, Garbutt, Alcaraz.
Arsenal – Szczesny; Sagna, Mertesacker, Vermaelen, Monreal; Arteta, Flamini, Rosicky, Cazorla; Podolski, Giroud.
Bench – Viviano, Jenkinson, Bellerin, Kallstrom, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Ramsey, Sanogo.
- Done Deals: Recapping Man United (and others’) busy day — De Gea drama; Chicharito out; $56 million for Martial 0
- Report: De Gea moving to Madrid as Costa Rican hero Navas heads to Old Trafford 4
- Fireworks as transfer deadline passes in Germany: Draxler to Wolfsburg, Januzaj to Dortmund 1
- Premier League Playback: It’s time to change the Transfer Window rules 2
- Draxler, Pogba, Januzaj headline 10 deals to monitor as we near Transfer Deadline Day 1
- Manchester United to add new $56 million striker as Monaco’s Martial leaves France duty 1