Apr 6, 2014, 7:59 AM EST
Two teams in strikingly different form enter Goodison Park with Champions League futures on the line at 8:30am ET on NBCSN or live online at NBC Sports Live Extra.
With the Toffees just four points back of the Gunners in the fourth and final qualifying spot, Arsene Wenger must fend off a hungry Everton to ensure their survival in next year’s top competition.
Unfortunately for Arsenal, they’ve won just one of their last five away matches in the Premier League, while Everton come in on top form, having won four games in a row.
The run for the Toffees is somewhat surprising because they’ve weathered quite a few injuries to reach their mark.
Captain Phil Jagielka remains out despite the thought he was nearly ready to go a few weeks ago, while Steven Pienaar is also not quite ready to return. Both have missed six and four matches respectively.
Arsenal receives a major boost as Aaron Ramsey, out since Boxing Day, will return to the lineup. He was in top form before injuring a thigh muscle.
Everton – Howard; Baines, Distin, Stones, Coleman; McCarthy, Barry, Osman, Naismith; Mirallas, Lukaku.
Bench – Robles, Hibbert, McGeady, Deulofeu, Barkley, Garbutt, Alcaraz.
Arsenal – Szczesny; Sagna, Mertesacker, Vermaelen, Monreal; Arteta, Flamini, Rosicky, Cazorla; Podolski, Giroud.
Bench – Viviano, Jenkinson, Bellerin, Kallstrom, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Ramsey, Sanogo.
- The Western Conference will continue to dominate MLS, and we all know it 0
- Wednesday’s Premier League Preview: Seven games in action-packed matchday 0
- WATCH: Incredible 60-yard pass leads Montreal ouster of Pachuca in CONCACAF Champions League 3
- Tuesday’s Premier League roundup: Saints, Villa win; Hull, Sunderland draw (video) 0
- 2015 MLS season preview: Toronto FC 0
- Aston Villa 2-1 West Bromwich Albion: Late drama hands Sherwood first win (video) 0