Apr 6, 2014, 10:35 AM EDT
Liverpool search for their return to the top of the table as they remain in control of the Premier League title race.
The Reds return to the office from Upton Park at 11am ET live on CNBC or live online at NBC Sports Live Extra.
Despite being in control of their own destiny with six matches to go, Liverpool only have to look as far as London to find out that one slip-up against an under-respected opponent could mean the death of their title chances.
Chelsea fell to Crystal Palace last week causing Jose Mourinho to rule the Blues out of the title race. While they may no longer have a clear path, the Blues now lie in wait for a club like Liverpool to slip up just as well.
It is the Blues who are currently top of the table, but a win would see Liverpool jump back into a two-point lead.
In order to claim victory, Liverpool will have to control former Red Andy Carroll, who faces his former club for the first time following his permanent move this summer to Upton Park.
Carroll downed Sunderland just a few days ago, but he will need to keep up with a much more potent attack this time around. He will have his captain Kevin Nolan in the lineup after being forced off with back stiffness in the waning minutes of the midweek victory.
West Ham United – Adrian; Armero, Reid, Tomkins, Demel; Noble, Taylor, Diame, Downing, Nolan; Carroll.
Bench – Jaaskelainen, Jarvis, C Cole, J Cole, Potts, Johnson, Nocerino.
Liverpool – Mignolet,; Johnson, Flanagan, Sakho, Skrtel; Gerrard, Henderson, Coutinho, Sterling; Suarez, Sturridge.
Bench – Jones, Toure, Cissokho, Lucas, Moses, Allen, Aspas.
- What tomorrow’s goalkeeper platoon tells us about the U.S. goalkeeper void 0
- Jozy Altidore to captain U.S. Wednesday against Czech Republic 0
- With Radamel Falcao, can Manchester United challenge for the Premier League? 4
- Why Danny Welbeck’s move to Arsenal was the best Deadline Day deal 5
- EXCLUSIVE: Fresh off his club debut, young Emerson Hyndman takes his USMNT chance in stride 0
- From Prague, with love: Klinsmann previews USA’s friendly vs. Czech Republic 4