Apr 6, 2014, 10:35 AM EST
Liverpool search for their return to the top of the table as they remain in control of the Premier League title race.
The Reds return to the office from Upton Park at 11am ET live on CNBC or live online at NBC Sports Live Extra.
Despite being in control of their own destiny with six matches to go, Liverpool only have to look as far as London to find out that one slip-up against an under-respected opponent could mean the death of their title chances.
Chelsea fell to Crystal Palace last week causing Jose Mourinho to rule the Blues out of the title race. While they may no longer have a clear path, the Blues now lie in wait for a club like Liverpool to slip up just as well.
It is the Blues who are currently top of the table, but a win would see Liverpool jump back into a two-point lead.
In order to claim victory, Liverpool will have to control former Red Andy Carroll, who faces his former club for the first time following his permanent move this summer to Upton Park.
Carroll downed Sunderland just a few days ago, but he will need to keep up with a much more potent attack this time around. He will have his captain Kevin Nolan in the lineup after being forced off with back stiffness in the waning minutes of the midweek victory.
West Ham United – Adrian; Armero, Reid, Tomkins, Demel; Noble, Taylor, Diame, Downing, Nolan; Carroll.
Bench – Jaaskelainen, Jarvis, C Cole, J Cole, Potts, Johnson, Nocerino.
Liverpool – Mignolet,; Johnson, Flanagan, Sakho, Skrtel; Gerrard, Henderson, Coutinho, Sterling; Suarez, Sturridge.
Bench – Jones, Toure, Cissokho, Lucas, Moses, Allen, Aspas.
- Men in Blazers podcast: Kyle Martino joins to talk Thanksgiving and tie knots 0
- Champions League Wednesday preview: Arsenal can advance, Liverpool need kick-start 1
- Jose Mourinho to Schalke after Chelsea’s 5-0 win: “It’s not your fault” 0
- Bob Bradley’s talks with a Swedish club have broken down; Staying at Stabaek? 0
- UEFA Champions League roundup: Chelsea win group, Man City’s late show, classy PSG 0
- Manchester City 3-2 Bayern Munich: Aguero’s hat trick hands Citizens lifeline 6