Apr 6, 2014, 10:22 PM EST
Real Madrid did enough on its own merit to take care of Real Sociedad in Sunday’s 4-0 win over the Txuri-urdin, but the home team did plenty to help out.
A combination of both of these facts is in play on Gareth Bale‘s long-distance goal in the 66th minute. Sociedad goalkeeper Claudio Bravo immediately wants his awful punt back, but what Bale does with the error is downright nutty.
The Welsh wonder lashes the ball with tangy zip, low and past the diving keeper.
It’s so surprising that the broadcast producer okays the “Sure, skip over to the cute kid with his dad” shot and has to dart back in an attempt to catch Bale’s goal.
- Paul Scholes: Thierry Henry’s legendary goal vs. Man United was my fault 2
- Premier League Power Rankings: Arsenal, Everton rising, Saints falling 2
- Robbie Rogers: FIFA “insane” to host World Cups in Russia, Qatar 5
- Stoke City confirm Brek Shea is finalizing move to Orlando City 1
- Soccer stadium approved in Las Vegas, as MLS expansion talk heats up in Sin City 3
- Borussia Dortmund’s Marco Reus fined $665,000 for driving without a license 1