Apr 6, 2014, 11:06 PM EDT
Is Ivica Olic the unluckiest attacker of the weekend?
He has to be in the discussion. Watch the Wolfsburg forward as he slides in to bury a shot against Borussia Dortmund only to see the ball rocket off the crossbar. Then watch the rebound catch his leg and bound…. back off the crossbar.
It’s bananas (Thanks to WhoAteAllthePies.TV for the Vine).
Don’t feel too bad for the Croatian, though. He scored in the match, a 2-1 loss, to make it three goals in his last four Bundesliga matches. He also scored twice in Croatia’s last international friendly against Switzerland and is being sought after by Mark Hughes at Stoke City. So… the 34-year-old is having a nice early Spring.
- MLS preview: FC Dallas vs. Sounders, Whitecaps vs. Timbers headline Week 4 0
- Report: Liverpool’s Daniel Sturridge to miss a month with hip injury 4
- EURO 2016 preview: Qualifying resumes for England, Spain, Germany, Italy 0
- Lionel Messi earns $1.4 million per week, tops Cristiano Ronaldo, Neymar as richest player 3
- Morgan Schneiderlin wants Southampton exit if they fail to make UEFA Champions League 4
- VIDEO: Cristiano Ronaldo could be fined, suspended for “calm down” celebration 5