Apr 7, 2014, 7:15 PM EST
Out-of-favor Portuguese winger Nani is one of the players prepared to leave Manchester United this summer, according to an Italian report.
Nani’s agent told Violanews.com that the 27-year-old midfielder is “likely to leave Manchester” while admitting that the player’s salary is going to cause problems for clubs looking to acquire him.
The report links ACF Fiorentina as a possible landing spot, where he could join former United teammate Anderson if the Brazilian makes his stay in Florence permanent. The Tuscan club also has former Red Devils player Giuseppe Rossi, who is injured.
According to the BBC, Nani’s agent said:
“Our relationship with United is great. Fiorentina have to speak with Manchester United about Anderson and maybe there will be an opportunity to talk about Nani too.”
Yet to score in just nine Premier League appearances under David Moyes, Nani did score in his lone UEFA Champions League start. His numbers have dipped drastically after tremendous PL campaigns in 2010/11 and 2011/12.
In the former season, Nani had 9 goals and 14 assists in 33 PL matches, following it up with 8 goals and 10 assists in 29 PL appearances. He’s failed to live up to those lofty standards, battling injuries and ineffective play over the last two seasons.
- Queens Park Rangers’ Canadian winger Junior Hoilett on Toronto FC, relegation battles and more 0
- English FA charge Chelsea’s Diego Costa with violent conduct after stamp, may miss Man City match 1
- Men in Blazers podcast: Talking FA Cup upsets with guests Spencer Lanning, Josh Scobee 0
- Gareth Bale dismisses Manchester United speculation, happy at Real Madrid 6
- In less than five months, Diego Costa has become Premier League villain No. 1 4
- Chelsea 1-0 Liverpool: Ivanovic ensures Blues trip to Cup final after testy second leg 0