Apr 7, 2014, 8:32 PM EDT
His name is Dembakwi Yomba and he’s apparently headed to one of the biggest clubs in the world, according to his own Twitter profile.
Days after Marquette University let it be known that their recruit, U-18 striker Andrija Novakovich, would be forgoing college to sign with Reading in England’s Championship division, Yomba posted this photo on Twitter.
— Boxi (@Boxi07) April 8, 2014
Yomba, a Georgia resident born in Sierra Leone, was one of the top-rated Class of 2015 high school players in the United States. He has played for the U-17 national team and was called up to the U-18 side along with Novakovich earlier this year.
The player does not turn 18 until Sept. 4. He was listed as a commitment to the University of North Carolina.
- Mats Hummels says his future is at Dortmund 0
- UEFA Champions League preview: Liverpool face Basel, Arsenal defend the Emirates 0
- Why do Manchester City struggle so much in the Champions League? 0
- Xavi breaks record for Champions League appearances 0
- UEFA Champions League roundup: PSG beat Barcelona, Chelsea top Sporting 2
- Manchester City 1-1 AS Roma: Italians frustrate City as European woe continues 0