Apr 7, 2014, 1:20 PM EDT
Djibril Cisse is alive and well, plying his trade for Bastia in Ligue 1 and on Saturday the flamboyant Frenchman made headlines with an astonishing volley to help his side draw 2-2 with Sochaux.
As good as the goal was, however, the assist was arguably better. The Bastia defense cleared a 68th minute ball and Ivorian midfielder, Romaric, collected it, took two quick touches, glanced up, saw Cisse break free and unleashed a 50 yard ball into the Sochaux box.
Timing his run perfectly, Cisse spanked a right-footed volley into the far post from 15 yards out. Straight butter.
- MLS Snapshot: Seattle Sounders 0-3 LA Galaxy 0
- Premier, Champions League quotas leave Mourinho desperate to sell Torres 0
- Van Gaal, Manchester United ready to move on from Fellaini, Kagawa 0
- Radamel Falcao on track to return at weekend’s Emirates Cup 0
- PST’s Major League Soccer Player of the Week: Portland’s Diego Valeri 0
- The great Southampton exodus continues. Why is this happening? 6