Apr 7, 2014, 1:20 PM EDT
Djibril Cisse is alive and well, plying his trade for Bastia in Ligue 1 and on Saturday the flamboyant Frenchman made headlines with an astonishing volley to help his side draw 2-2 with Sochaux.
As good as the goal was, however, the assist was arguably better. The Bastia defense cleared a 68th minute ball and Ivorian midfielder, Romaric, collected it, took two quick touches, glanced up, saw Cisse break free and unleashed a 50 yard ball into the Sochaux box.
Timing his run perfectly, Cisse spanked a right-footed volley into the far post from 15 yards out. Straight butter.
- Real Madrid sign James Rodriguez for $107 million 2
- Xavi Hernández reportedly inching closer to New York City FC 11
- New report kicks off another round of Las Vegas expansion talk for MLS 5
- PST’s Major League Soccer Player of the Week: Sporting Kansas City’s Benny Feilhaber 0
- Qatar/Russia World Cup bidding investigation delayed until September 6
- Report: Bayern Munich confirms Julian Green on first team for US trip 10