Apr 7, 2014, 1:20 PM EDT
Djibril Cisse is alive and well, plying his trade for Bastia in Ligue 1 and on Saturday the flamboyant Frenchman made headlines with an astonishing volley to help his side draw 2-2 with Sochaux.
As good as the goal was, however, the assist was arguably better. The Bastia defense cleared a 68th minute ball and Ivorian midfielder, Romaric, collected it, took two quick touches, glanced up, saw Cisse break free and unleashed a 50 yard ball into the Sochaux box.
Timing his run perfectly, Cisse spanked a right-footed volley into the far post from 15 yards out. Straight butter.
- The world wants Laura Bassett to know that her own goal is nothing to be ashamed of… 0
- Minnesota United misses MLS stadium deadline; Deputy commissioner speaks out 2
- Stoppage-time own goal sinks England, sends Japan to Women’s World Cup final 5
- Stars of CONCACAF: Ranking the top 10 players at the 2015 Gold Cup 7
- “Angel Di Maria has most talent at Manchester United,” says teammate. Agree? 10
- VIDEO: Breaking down the done deals and transfer gossip in PST Extra 0