Apr 7, 2014, 1:20 PM EDT
Djibril Cisse is alive and well, plying his trade for Bastia in Ligue 1 and on Saturday the flamboyant Frenchman made headlines with an astonishing volley to help his side draw 2-2 with Sochaux.
As good as the goal was, however, the assist was arguably better. The Bastia defense cleared a 68th minute ball and Ivorian midfielder, Romaric, collected it, took two quick touches, glanced up, saw Cisse break free and unleashed a 50 yard ball into the Sochaux box.
Timing his run perfectly, Cisse spanked a right-footed volley into the far post from 15 yards out. Straight butter.
- Three things we learned from Barcelona’s huge win vs. Bayern Munich 2
- Barcelona 3-0 Bayern Munich: Messi magic negates Neuer’s first-half heroics 0
- Spanish FA suspends all domestic games over government dispute 1
- Men In Blazers podcast: Chelsea champs, relegation probe, and Domhnall Gleeson 0
- Freak double injury suddenly puts Rais Mbolhi back in pole position to start for Philadelphia 1
- Luis Suarez surprises Uruguayan cancer patient with video call, brings him to tears 2