Apr 7, 2014, 1:20 PM EDT
Djibril Cisse is alive and well, plying his trade for Bastia in Ligue 1 and on Saturday the flamboyant Frenchman made headlines with an astonishing volley to help his side draw 2-2 with Sochaux.
As good as the goal was, however, the assist was arguably better. The Bastia defense cleared a 68th minute ball and Ivorian midfielder, Romaric, collected it, took two quick touches, glanced up, saw Cisse break free and unleashed a 50 yard ball into the Sochaux box.
Timing his run perfectly, Cisse spanked a right-footed volley into the far post from 15 yards out. Straight butter.
- Tuesday’s Top 5 Champions League Goals: Which was the best? 0
- A Klinsmann Casualty? Juan Agudelo passed on by Wolverhampton 3
- Steven Gerrard admits he denied move to Real Madrid and that it may haunt him in the future 1
- UEFA Champions League roundup: Bayern, Chelsea, Shakhtar go crazy on 40-goal night 0
- Chelsea 6-0 Maribor: Hazard brace keeps Blues atop Group G 0
- AS Roma 1-7 Bayern Munich: Sublime Bayern smash Roma to go five points clear in Group E 1