Apr 7, 2014, 2:37 PM EDT
Which provides more desperation: Europe or safety? That’s a question worth positing ahead of Sunderland’s visit to White Hart Lane this afternoon (Watch live 3pm ET Monday on NBCSN and online via Live Extra).
Sunderland has played three less matches than several of the clubs they chase from the bottom of the table. A win today would push them to 18th place, in clear sight of Norwich City and West Bromwich Albion. The Black Cats have 25 points.
Spurs are loaded up for the match, which can end with their ascension to sixth place in the table. Manchester United has 57 points, and Spurs are one behind.
Tottenham Hotspur: Lloris; Naughton, Chiriches, Kaboul, Rose; Lennon, Chadli, Paulinho, Eriksen; Adebayor, Kane
Subs: Friedel, Fryers, Veljkovic, Bentaleb, Sandro, Sigurdsson, Townsend
Sunderland: Mannone, Bardsley, Alonso, Brown, Cuellar, Vergini, Ki, Bridcutt, Cattermole, Johnson, Borini
Subs: Larsson, Gardner, Wickham, Colback, O’Shea, Scocco, Ustari
- Premier League Preview: Sunderland vs. Arsenal 0
- Still defending racial incident, seething at bite talk, Suarez returns for Barcelona 0
- Prince-Wright’s Premier League picks – Manchester United, Arsenal, Liverpool 0
- WATCH: Premier League TV schedule – Week 9 1
- Introducing: “The 2 Robbies ‘Football’ Show” on NBCSportsRadio.com 0
- El Clasico: Luis Suarez, Barcelona and Real Madrid together at last 0