Apr 8, 2014, 12:41 PM EST
There’s an update on the injury Julian Green suffered while playing for the United States against Mexico last week.
It’s a dislocated shoulder, and Green is set to miss several weeks of training at Bayern Munich. He’s currently starring for Bayern Munich II, recording 15 goals and 8 assists at the tender age of 18.
Green is a World Cup hopeful for Jurgen Klinsmann after committing his international future to the United States last month.
“Julian has a shoulder dislocation,” Bayern press officer Markus Hörwick told MLSsoccer.com. “He is doing a little rehab, but mostly he will need to rest for about three weeks.”
Obviously Green needs every bit of preparation possible if he’s to make the United States roster for Brazil, so even weeks of rest can be detrimental to his hopes of making the team.
Still, one would imagine Green’s inclusion could’ve been an “experience” spot all along, and perhaps it won’t make too much of a difference to Klinsmann should the healing go as it should. In any event, this could be the tipping point for a player like Brek Shea in the short and long run.
- Manchester United 2-0 Sunderland: Rooney nets double to seal easy win 0
- Newcastle United 1-0 Aston Villa: Cisse’s goal keeps Sherwood’s Villans in the drop zone 0
- West Ham United 1-3 Crystal Palace: Eagles win fiery London derby 1
- Watch Live: Manchester United vs. Sunderland (Lineups and Live Stream) 0
- WATCH: Premier League live online via NBC Sports Live Extra – Week 27 0
- Odell Beckham Jr. appears on TV show in England, reveals former dream was to be a pro soccer player 0