Apr 8, 2014, 12:41 PM EDT
There’s an update on the injury Julian Green suffered while playing for the United States against Mexico last week.
It’s a dislocated shoulder, and Green is set to miss several weeks of training at Bayern Munich. He’s currently starring for Bayern Munich II, recording 15 goals and 8 assists at the tender age of 18.
Green is a World Cup hopeful for Jurgen Klinsmann after committing his international future to the United States last month.
“Julian has a shoulder dislocation,” Bayern press officer Markus Hörwick told MLSsoccer.com. “He is doing a little rehab, but mostly he will need to rest for about three weeks.”
Obviously Green needs every bit of preparation possible if he’s to make the United States roster for Brazil, so even weeks of rest can be detrimental to his hopes of making the team.
Still, one would imagine Green’s inclusion could’ve been an “experience” spot all along, and perhaps it won’t make too much of a difference to Klinsmann should the healing go as it should. In any event, this could be the tipping point for a player like Brek Shea in the short and long run.
- The great Southampton exodus continues. Why is this happening? 4
- Arsenal confirm $27 million signing of Calum Chambers 0
- Manchester City host #AskJesus (Navas) Twitter chat, hilarious comments ensue 1
- VIDEO: Mario Balotelli takes amazing selfie with two pitch invaders 1
- Teams confirm Dejan Lovren completes transfer from Southampton to Liverpool 0
- Loïc Rémy fails medical, move to Liverpool is off 5