Apr 9, 2014, 10:38 AM EDT
According to Rubin Kazan striker Sardar Azmoun, Arsenal is among a trio of top teams vying for his signature this summer.
The 19-year-old has three goals in 10 appearances in the Russian Premier Liga as well as a goal in the Europa League, and has told Iranian television that his play has attracted the world’s best.
“I have offers from three major clubs: Arsenal, AC Milan and Juventus,” Azmoun told showNavad. “I also had an offer from Barcelona, but due to their transfer ban the club is out of the picture at the moment.”
He labeled the talks with the Gunners, along with Milan, as “very serious.” The teen also said there have been conversations between the clubs as well, not just with him and his agent.
Azmoun did finish by saying he is “only focusing on the Russian league” but judging by his previous statements it’s fair to take that one with a grain of salt.
He has come on strong recently, scoring two of his three goals in Kazan’s two most recent matches, although they lost both. He has been given a chance thanks to the poor form of 32-year-old striker Ruslan Mukhametshin, who has just one goal in eight appearances, and has been benched in favor of Azmoun for five straight matches now.
Azmoun has yet to be capped by the Iranian senior team, but
After 21 matches, Kazan is in 9th position out of the 16-team league.
- UEFA Champions League preview: Juventus vs. Real Madrid in semifinal, 1st leg 1
- Premier League Playback: Title in the bag, can Chelsea now create a dynasty? 0
- Hull City 1-3 Arsenal: Gunners dominant in first half, cruise past Tigers 3
- MLS Team of the Week — Stars of Week 9 0
- Watch Live: Hull City vs. Arsenal (Lineups and Live Stream) 0
- Five things to look out for in UEFA Champions League semifinals 2