Apr 9, 2014, 2:28 PM EST
It never wavered, it never deviated, it never fell off course.
No, I’m not talking about Martin Demichelis‘s tackles in the penalty area. I’m talking about this:
Take a bow, Emyr Huws.
The 20-year-old Welshman blasted that howitzer from 40 yards out into the top corner for Birmingham City against Middlesbrough. The Blues still lost 3-1, but Huws’ blast remained the talking point.
Huws is on loan at Birmingham from Manchester City. He has yet to debut for Manuel Pellegrini’s side, but has already received a senior cap for the Wales national team thanks to his ability to not just do what you saw above, but also hold down a defensive midfield and pass accurately.
But you have to think, if he can do THAT, there’s always room for goals.
- Manchester United’s two-goal hero Wayne Rooney hails “deserved win.” Should he stay up front? 0
- Manchester United 2-0 Sunderland: Rooney nets double to seal easy win 0
- Newcastle United 1-0 Aston Villa: Cisse’s goal keeps Sherwood’s Villans in the drop zone 0
- West Ham United 1-3 Crystal Palace: Eagles win fiery London derby 1
- Watch Live: Manchester United vs. Sunderland (Lineups and Live Stream) 0
- WATCH: Premier League live online via NBC Sports Live Extra – Week 27 0