Apr 9, 2014, 2:28 PM EST
It never wavered, it never deviated, it never fell off course.
No, I’m not talking about Martin Demichelis‘s tackles in the penalty area. I’m talking about this:
Take a bow, Emyr Huws.
The 20-year-old Welshman blasted that howitzer from 40 yards out into the top corner for Birmingham City against Middlesbrough. The Blues still lost 3-1, but Huws’ blast remained the talking point.
Huws is on loan at Birmingham from Manchester City. He has yet to debut for Manuel Pellegrini’s side, but has already received a senior cap for the Wales national team thanks to his ability to not just do what you saw above, but also hold down a defensive midfield and pass accurately.
But you have to think, if he can do THAT, there’s always room for goals.
- Premier League Sunday preview: Liverpool, Spurs take to road to face fellow strugglers Palace, Hull 0
- Premier League roundup: Wins for Manchester United, Chelsea, Burnley 0
- WATCH: Messi’s teammates repeatedly toss him in air after breaking La Liga record 1
- Marquee win proves van Gaal’s Manchester United on the right track 0
- Three things we learned from Manchester United’s big win at Arsenal 0
- Arsenal 1-2 Manchester United: Too little too late for Giroud and the chance-squandering Gunners 1