Apr 9, 2014, 2:28 PM EST
It never wavered, it never deviated, it never fell off course.
No, I’m not talking about Martin Demichelis‘s tackles in the penalty area. I’m talking about this:
Take a bow, Emyr Huws.
The 20-year-old Welshman blasted that howitzer from 40 yards out into the top corner for Birmingham City against Middlesbrough. The Blues still lost 3-1, but Huws’ blast remained the talking point.
Huws is on loan at Birmingham from Manchester City. He has yet to debut for Manuel Pellegrini’s side, but has already received a senior cap for the Wales national team thanks to his ability to not just do what you saw above, but also hold down a defensive midfield and pass accurately.
But you have to think, if he can do THAT, there’s always room for goals.
- Paul Scholes: Thierry Henry’s legendary goal vs. Man United was my fault 0
- Premier League Power Rankings: Arsenal, Everton rising, Saints falling 2
- Robbie Rogers: FIFA “insane” to host World Cups in Russia, Qatar 5
- Stoke City confirm Brek Shea is finalizing move to Orlando City 1
- Soccer stadium approved in Las Vegas, as MLS expansion talk heats up in Sin City 2
- Borussia Dortmund’s Marco Reus fined $665,000 for driving without a license 1