Apr 9, 2014, 2:28 PM EDT
It never wavered, it never deviated, it never fell off course.
No, I’m not talking about Martin Demichelis‘s tackles in the penalty area. I’m talking about this:
Take a bow, Emyr Huws.
The 20-year-old Welshman blasted that howitzer from 40 yards out into the top corner for Birmingham City against Middlesbrough. The Blues still lost 3-1, but Huws’ blast remained the talking point.
Huws is on loan at Birmingham from Manchester City. He has yet to debut for Manuel Pellegrini’s side, but has already received a senior cap for the Wales national team thanks to his ability to not just do what you saw above, but also hold down a defensive midfield and pass accurately.
But you have to think, if he can do THAT, there’s always room for goals.
- Tuesday’s Transfer Rumor Roundup: Benzema to Arsenal, Berahino to Tottenham 0
- Premier League 2015-16 season preview: Chelsea 0
- Russian president Vladimir Putin believes Sepp Blatter deserves Nobel Prize 5
- Monday’s Transfer Rumor Roundup: PSG’s $133 million Ronaldo bid, Stones to Chelsea 2
- Amid reports of journalist brawl, Mexico boss Miguel Herrera looks ahead to USMNT showdown 9
- Manchester United lack creativity to challenge top clubs, says Louis van Gaal 6