Apr 9, 2014, 2:28 PM EDT
It never wavered, it never deviated, it never fell off course.
No, I’m not talking about Martin Demichelis‘s tackles in the penalty area. I’m talking about this:
Take a bow, Emyr Huws.
The 20-year-old Welshman blasted that howitzer from 40 yards out into the top corner for Birmingham City against Middlesbrough. The Blues still lost 3-1, but Huws’ blast remained the talking point.
Huws is on loan at Birmingham from Manchester City. He has yet to debut for Manuel Pellegrini’s side, but has already received a senior cap for the Wales national team thanks to his ability to not just do what you saw above, but also hold down a defensive midfield and pass accurately.
But you have to think, if he can do THAT, there’s always room for goals.
- MLS Snapshot: Sporting KC 1-1 Philadelphia Union 0
- Reports: Geoff Cameron, seeking CB time, draws heavy Premier League interest 0
- Learn the chants for every Premier League team! 4
- Updated team-by-team list of Premier League transfers this summer 3
- US U23 list for Bahamas camp unveiled as Olympic prep continues 0
- New York City FC could be a proving ground for Man City youth 6