Apr 9, 2014, 3:15 PM EST
This week the man who takes home the gong isn’t a household name. Yet.
But if he continues to score goals similar to the one’s he scored in Crystal Palace’s 3-0 win over Cardiff last Saturday, then it’s only a matter of time.
Take a bow, Jason Puncheon.
Palace’s winger scored two stunning strikes, the second a real contender for goal of the month, as he continued his own terrific to help the Eagles soar clear of the relegation battle. Puncheon, 27, moved to Selhurst Park permanently in January after joining the Eagles on loan from Southampton last summer.
Puncheon has now scored five times since January 1, and has single-handedly won his side 10 points in the process. If Palace stay up, which is looking increasingly likely, Puncheon’s goals will be a huge part of their incredible turnaround under new manager Tony Pulis.
- MLS, union come together to avoid calamitous work stoppage 6
- Wednesday’s Premier League roundup: Chelsea, Man City win; six of top seven prevail 0
- Jose Mourinho says his Chelsea team “were brothers on the pitch” in crucial win 0
- West Ham United 0-1 Chelsea: Hazard’s header enough for league leaders (video) 0
- Queens Park Rangers 1-2 Arsenal: Red-hot Giroud helps Gunners to win (video) 0
- Newcastle United 0-1 Manchester United: Krul gaffe spoils Jonas return (video) 4