Apr 9, 2014, 3:15 PM EDT
This week the man who takes home the gong isn’t a household name. Yet.
But if he continues to score goals similar to the one’s he scored in Crystal Palace’s 3-0 win over Cardiff last Saturday, then it’s only a matter of time.
Take a bow, Jason Puncheon.
Palace’s winger scored two stunning strikes, the second a real contender for goal of the month, as he continued his own terrific to help the Eagles soar clear of the relegation battle. Puncheon, 27, moved to Selhurst Park permanently in January after joining the Eagles on loan from Southampton last summer.
Puncheon has now scored five times since January 1, and has single-handedly won his side 10 points in the process. If Palace stay up, which is looking increasingly likely, Puncheon’s goals will be a huge part of their incredible turnaround under new manager Tony Pulis.
- Matías Pérez García announced, becomes third Designated Player in San Jose history 0
- Is Everton’s new striker Romelu Lukaku worth $47 million? 6
- Simeone praises Klinsmann’s US program that “seduces us as coaches” 2
- Neymar’s recovery from World Cup back injury “almost 100 percent” 0
- Reports: Jermaine Jones coming to Chicago, move welcomed by Fire 2
- Atlético Madrid latest club linked with Javier ‘Chicharito’ Hernández 4