Apr 9, 2014, 3:56 PM EDT
Everton’s terrific 3-0 win over Arsenal last Sunday saw three of their players named in the PL team of the week.
Two of which where product of the Toffees’ academy, as Roberto Martinez‘s men have a real chance of qualifying for the UEFA Champions League. Romelu Lukaku, Ross Barkley and John Stone all impressed enough to make the team of the week.
Elsewhere on Merseyside, Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard makes the team after his two penalty kicks gave the Reds a vital victory away at West Ham to stay top.
Manchester United’s duo of Juan Mata and Anders Lindeegard also were rewarded after playing pivotal roles in United’s 4-0 demolition of Newcastle United.
The rest of the best XI from Week 33 in the PL can be seen in the video above.
- Simeone praises Klinsmann’s US program that “seduces us as coaches” 2
- Neymar’s recovery from World Cup back injury “almost 100 percent” 0
- Reports: Jermaine Jones coming to Chicago, move welcomed by Fire 1
- Atlético Madrid latest club linked with Javier ‘Chicharito’ Hernández 4
- Romelu Lukaku completes permanent, $47 million move to Everton 11
- Report: US to play friendly vs. Colombia in San Antonio 1