Apr 9, 2014, 3:56 PM EDT
Everton’s terrific 3-0 win over Arsenal last Sunday saw three of their players named in the PL team of the week.
Two of which where product of the Toffees’ academy, as Roberto Martinez‘s men have a real chance of qualifying for the UEFA Champions League. Romelu Lukaku, Ross Barkley and John Stone all impressed enough to make the team of the week.
Elsewhere on Merseyside, Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard makes the team after his two penalty kicks gave the Reds a vital victory away at West Ham to stay top.
Manchester United’s duo of Juan Mata and Anders Lindeegard also were rewarded after playing pivotal roles in United’s 4-0 demolition of Newcastle United.
The rest of the best XI from Week 33 in the PL can be seen in the video above.
- Premier League friendly roundup: Man City lose in Germany, Liverpool win in Finland 0
- MLS Snapshot: New York City FC 2-3 Montreal Impact (video) 0
- Brendan Rodgers says $50 million for Christian Benteke was a bargain 0
- Saturday’s Transfer Rumor Roundup: Berbatov to Villa, Rahman to Chelsea 1
- Manchester United, adidas unveil kits with “smashing” photos 4
- Pep Guardiola on final year of contract: “Not completely convinced” he’s right for Bayern 1