Apr 9, 2014, 3:56 PM EDT
Everton’s terrific 3-0 win over Arsenal last Sunday saw three of their players named in the PL team of the week.
Two of which where product of the Toffees’ academy, as Roberto Martinez‘s men have a real chance of qualifying for the UEFA Champions League. Romelu Lukaku, Ross Barkley and John Stone all impressed enough to make the team of the week.
Elsewhere on Merseyside, Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard makes the team after his two penalty kicks gave the Reds a vital victory away at West Ham to stay top.
Manchester United’s duo of Juan Mata and Anders Lindeegard also were rewarded after playing pivotal roles in United’s 4-0 demolition of Newcastle United.
The rest of the best XI from Week 33 in the PL can be seen in the video above.
- Julian Draxler’s stunning performance puts Chelsea, Premier League on high alert 0
- Yaya Toure’s lackluster display stands out as Manchester City struggle 3
- UEFA Champions League roundup: Roma, Porto win big; Chelsea, PSG slip up 0
- Chelsea 1-1 Schalke 04: Huntelaar secures point for the underdogs 0
- Bayern Munich 1-0 Manchester City: Last-gasp win for Bayern in Bavaria 2
- Men In Blazers podcast: A happy PL return, while Spencer Lanning talks ‘football’ 0