Apr 10, 2014, 4:55 PM EST
Colorado’s former assists leader is moving West.
Martin Rivero, in his third year on loan from Argentina’s Rosario Central, has been acquired by Chivas USA in exchange for a fourth-round pick in the 2015 MLS SuperDraft.
The 24-year-old had yet to feature for Pablo Mastroeni’s club this season, and will certainly help the Goats in their bid to surprise the Western Conference.
Rivero started 30 games for Colorado in 2012, scoring thrice and adding eight assists, but his playing time dipped dramatically in his sophomore swing through MLS. In 2013, he made just six starts and 16 appearance with a goal and three assists.
“Martin is a very talented player who already knows the League,” said Chivas USA head coach Wilmer Cabrera. “His personality, technical ability and energy will help us a lot. He is a hard and relentless worker on the field, always looking to gain and maintain possession, an area we need to improve. Once settled, he will blend in well with our current players and make us a better team.”
Chivas USA faces Portland on Saturday evening in Oregon. The Goats haven’t beaten the Timbers in three straight matches.
- Premier League Playback: When will Arsenal, Liverpool snap out of their funk? 0
- 2014’s Top Ten moments in Premier League – Numbers 5-1 2
- Watch Live: Stoke City vs. Chelsea (Lineups and Live Stream) 0
- 2014’s Top Ten moments in Premier League – Numbers 10-6 0
- NBC Sports to air first-ever “Premier League Breakaway” show on New Year’s Day 0
- DeAndre Yedlin granted work permit, heading to Tottenham Hotspur 3