Apr 10, 2014, 4:55 PM EST
Colorado’s former assists leader is moving West.
Martin Rivero, in his third year on loan from Argentina’s Rosario Central, has been acquired by Chivas USA in exchange for a fourth-round pick in the 2015 MLS SuperDraft.
The 24-year-old had yet to feature for Pablo Mastroeni’s club this season, and will certainly help the Goats in their bid to surprise the Western Conference.
Rivero started 30 games for Colorado in 2012, scoring thrice and adding eight assists, but his playing time dipped dramatically in his sophomore swing through MLS. In 2013, he made just six starts and 16 appearance with a goal and three assists.
“Martin is a very talented player who already knows the League,” said Chivas USA head coach Wilmer Cabrera. “His personality, technical ability and energy will help us a lot. He is a hard and relentless worker on the field, always looking to gain and maintain possession, an area we need to improve. Once settled, he will blend in well with our current players and make us a better team.”
Chivas USA faces Portland on Saturday evening in Oregon. The Goats haven’t beaten the Timbers in three straight matches.
- Watch Live: Aston Villa vs. West Bromwich Albion (Lineups and Live Stream) 0
- Update on MLS labor strike: Players Union, league still at impasse as talks go down to the wire 1
- 2015 MLS Season Preview: Top 10 Newcomers 0
- Tuesday Premier League Preview: New managers square off in Midlands derby 0
- PHOTOS: LA Galaxy, Real Salt Lake, Montreal Impact, Chicago Fire unveil new 2015 jerseys 1
- WATCH: Midweek Premier League TV schedule – Week 28 0