Apr 10, 2014, 10:28 AM EST
Real Madrid has released a statement confirming that Cristiano Ronaldo has sustained a left hamstring injury making the Ballon d’Or winner doubtful for next Wednesday’s Copa del Rey final against Barcelona.
“After Cristiano Ronaldo underwent tests, a muscular injury to his left hamstring has been detected,” Real Madrid announced.
Ronaldo missed Madrid’s last two matches, the 4-0 league win over Real Sociedad and the 0-2 Champions League quarter-final loss at Borussia Dortmund (which saw Los Blancos advance 3-2 on aggregate), with a knee issue.
The Portuguese international has 45 goals in all competitions, with 28 coming in La Liga and a record-equaling 14 in the Champions League. This form has helped Madrid remain alive in three competitions, sitting 3rd in La Liga, three points adrift of leaders Atletico Madrid, and having solidified a spot in the Champions League semi-final and next week’s Copa del Rey final.
- Inside Look: Not much separating Red Bulls, Revolution ahead of Eastern Conference Championship, leg 1 0
- WATCH: Premier League TV schedule – Week 12 0
- Inside Look: LA Galaxy, Seattle Sounders to square off in Western Conference Championship, leg 1 0
- Prince-Wright’s Premier League picks: Chelsea, Everton, Manchester City 0
- These deserving nominees are the biggest snubs of MLS Award season 4
- Former Man Utd teammates Welbeck, Rooney prepares for “weird” match as Arsenal hosts Red Devils 0