Apr 10, 2014, 10:28 AM EST
Real Madrid has released a statement confirming that Cristiano Ronaldo has sustained a left hamstring injury making the Ballon d’Or winner doubtful for next Wednesday’s Copa del Rey final against Barcelona.
“After Cristiano Ronaldo underwent tests, a muscular injury to his left hamstring has been detected,” Real Madrid announced.
Ronaldo missed Madrid’s last two matches, the 4-0 league win over Real Sociedad and the 0-2 Champions League quarter-final loss at Borussia Dortmund (which saw Los Blancos advance 3-2 on aggregate), with a knee issue.
The Portuguese international has 45 goals in all competitions, with 28 coming in La Liga and a record-equaling 14 in the Champions League. This form has helped Madrid remain alive in three competitions, sitting 3rd in La Liga, three points adrift of leaders Atletico Madrid, and having solidified a spot in the Champions League semi-final and next week’s Copa del Rey final.
- FA Cup Roundup: Upsets halted with West Ham, Villa, Arsenal wins 0
- Rodgers says Balotelli needs to vastly improve before playing for Liverpool 0
- Italy head coach Antonio Conte supports Sebastian Giovinco’s move to MLS 8
- USMNT U-20s defeat El Salvador, 2-0, qualify for 2015 U-20 World Cup 1
- Jurgen Klinsmann names 23-man roster for USMNT friendlies vs. Chile, Panama 0
- Africa Cup of Nations roundup: Ivory Coast, Cameroon in 1-1 draws as Group D up for grabs 0