Apr 10, 2014, 9:08 PM EDT
Liverpool rolled out its new kits for 2014/15 at a fan event today, beginning with what’s being called a several-player “selfie” inside of a storage container.
The kits are made my Warrior Football for another year and contain piping on the sleeves, neck and sides. They have a shine that almost gives the shirts a “body-painted” look.
As you can tell from the below photos, there was a half-Devo, half-“aliens emerging from a spacecraft” vibe to the launch. Here’s what
a publicity person Steven Gerrard had to say about the kits:
“‘I have a great sense of pride every time I pull on a Liverpool shirt. This shirt feels like a Liverpool classic and helps me remember the greats, like Roger Hunt, who played before us.”
- Atlanta’s new MLS franchise has already sold 14,000 season tickets 3
- No signings in 2015: Barcelona’s transfer ban upheld, FIFA rejects appeal 3
- Report: Tottenham set to raid Manchester United, line up Fellaini, Hernandez deals 6
- Spanish Super Cup: Late goal allows Atlético to claim first leg draw at Real Madrid 0
- UEFA Champions League Roundup: Arsenal held; Athletic takes 1-1 draw out of Naples 1
- PST Major League Soccer Player of the Week: Fabián Castillo 0