Apr 10, 2014, 9:08 PM EDT
Liverpool rolled out its new kits for 2014/15 at a fan event today, beginning with what’s being called a several-player “selfie” inside of a storage container.
The kits are made my Warrior Football for another year and contain piping on the sleeves, neck and sides. They have a shine that almost gives the shirts a “body-painted” look.
As you can tell from the below photos, there was a half-Devo, half-“aliens emerging from a spacecraft” vibe to the launch. Here’s what
a publicity person Steven Gerrard had to say about the kits:
“‘I have a great sense of pride every time I pull on a Liverpool shirt. This shirt feels like a Liverpool classic and helps me remember the greats, like Roger Hunt, who played before us.”
- Europe League roundup: Everton big winners at home; Spurs left with draw on the road 0
- It’s not too late for Major League Soccer to turn away from its new logo 14
- Premier League Power Rankings: Red Devils and Villans on the up 0
- PHOTO: MLS unveils new logo. What do you think? 22
- US move up one place in latest FIFA rankings; Wales the big winners 0
- Julian Draxler’s stunning performance puts Chelsea, Premier League on high alert 1