Apr 10, 2014, 9:08 PM EDT
Liverpool rolled out its new kits for 2014/15 at a fan event today, beginning with what’s being called a several-player “selfie” inside of a storage container.
The kits are made my Warrior Football for another year and contain piping on the sleeves, neck and sides. They have a shine that almost gives the shirts a “body-painted” look.
As you can tell from the below photos, there was a half-Devo, half-“aliens emerging from a spacecraft” vibe to the launch. Here’s what
a publicity person Steven Gerrard had to say about the kits:
“‘I have a great sense of pride every time I pull on a Liverpool shirt. This shirt feels like a Liverpool classic and helps me remember the greats, like Roger Hunt, who played before us.”
- Premier League roundup: Chelsea, Liverpool suffer stunning home defeats 0
- Tim Howard ready for USMNT return, as heroics rescue Everton 0
- Three things we learned from Tottenham Hotspur vs. Everton 2
- Liverpool 0-3 West Ham United: Hammers stun Reds at Anfield in fiery encounter 2
- Chelsea 1-2 Crystal Palace: Blues stunned at home by Eagles 4
- Manchester City 2-0 Watford: Sterling scores, hosts make history in comfortable win 0