Apr 10, 2014, 9:08 PM EDT
Liverpool rolled out its new kits for 2014/15 at a fan event today, beginning with what’s being called a several-player “selfie” inside of a storage container.
The kits are made my Warrior Football for another year and contain piping on the sleeves, neck and sides. They have a shine that almost gives the shirts a “body-painted” look.
As you can tell from the below photos, there was a half-Devo, half-“aliens emerging from a spacecraft” vibe to the launch. Here’s what
a publicity person Steven Gerrard had to say about the kits:
“‘I have a great sense of pride every time I pull on a Liverpool shirt. This shirt feels like a Liverpool classic and helps me remember the greats, like Roger Hunt, who played before us.”
- PST’s Major League Soccer Power Rankings – The faith-destroying edition 1
- PST’s Major League Soccer Player of the Week: LA Galaxy’s Landon Donovan 0
- What tomorrow’s goalkeeper platoon tells us about the U.S. goalkeeper void 5
- Jozy Altidore to captain U.S. Wednesday against Czech Republic 0
- With Radamel Falcao, can Manchester United challenge for the Premier League? 11
- Why Danny Welbeck’s move to Arsenal was the best Deadline Day deal 9