Apr 10, 2014, 9:53 PM EDT
Health hasn’t been Arsenal’s biggest fan this season. As the club continues its slide away from the UEFA Champions League, some fans have resigned themselves to focusing on the Gunners chance at their first trophy in nearly nine years.
And while that would appear to be tilted in Arsenal’s favor, with the Gunners the clear favorite to lift the FA Cup trophy, there are a laundry list of ailments conspiring to hinder that quest in this Saturday’s semifinal against Wigan Athletic (Hull City and Sheffield United contest the other semi on Sunday).
Arsene Wenger says Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, Kieran Gibbs and Tomas Rosicky will all be “last-minute decisions” for Saturday, and Mesut Ozil and Laurent Koscielny remain out with injuries. Abou Diaby and Jack Wilshere remain out, though the former will be back to full training soon.
- A quick guide to who’s come and gone from Premier League teams 1
- Didier Drogba has officially rejoined Jose Mourinho at Chelsea 3
- FIFA says World Cup will stay in Russia, “can achieve positive change” 7
- DaMarcus Beasley, introduced in Houston: I see myself as a left back 1
- Wenger talks Zelalem, gets taste of U.S. obsession for potential international 3
- EXCLUSIVE: Manchester United’s new signing Ander Herrera focused on success 2