Apr 10, 2014, 9:53 PM EDT
Health hasn’t been Arsenal’s biggest fan this season. As the club continues its slide away from the UEFA Champions League, some fans have resigned themselves to focusing on the Gunners chance at their first trophy in nearly nine years.
And while that would appear to be tilted in Arsenal’s favor, with the Gunners the clear favorite to lift the FA Cup trophy, there are a laundry list of ailments conspiring to hinder that quest in this Saturday’s semifinal against Wigan Athletic (Hull City and Sheffield United contest the other semi on Sunday).
Arsene Wenger says Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, Kieran Gibbs and Tomas Rosicky will all be “last-minute decisions” for Saturday, and Mesut Ozil and Laurent Koscielny remain out with injuries. Abou Diaby and Jack Wilshere remain out, though the former will be back to full training soon.
- Premier League roundup: Arsenal, Saints win, Manchester City stunned (video) 0
- Watch Live: Seattle Sounders vs. L.A. Galaxy (Lineups and Live Stream) 0
- Real Madrid 3-1 Barcelona: Real fight back to seal El Clasico victory 0
- Sunderland 0-2 Arsenal: Sanchez seals win after horrendous defending 0
- VIDEO: Russell Brand crashes Sam Allardyce’s presser with a huge kiss 2
- West Ham United 2-1 Manchester City: Hammers stun reigning champs 1