Apr 10, 2014, 9:53 PM EDT
Health hasn’t been Arsenal’s biggest fan this season. As the club continues its slide away from the UEFA Champions League, some fans have resigned themselves to focusing on the Gunners chance at their first trophy in nearly nine years.
And while that would appear to be tilted in Arsenal’s favor, with the Gunners the clear favorite to lift the FA Cup trophy, there are a laundry list of ailments conspiring to hinder that quest in this Saturday’s semifinal against Wigan Athletic (Hull City and Sheffield United contest the other semi on Sunday).
Arsene Wenger says Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, Kieran Gibbs and Tomas Rosicky will all be “last-minute decisions” for Saturday, and Mesut Ozil and Laurent Koscielny remain out with injuries. Abou Diaby and Jack Wilshere remain out, though the former will be back to full training soon.
- Liverpool complete $17 million signing of Belgian striker Divock Origi 0
- Tim Howard joins NBC Sports’ Premier League broadcast team on multi-year deal 9
- VIDEO: US stars fight – Omar Gonzalez vs. Clint Dempsey, DeAndre Yedlin 4
- Manchester United’s Luke Shaw trains on his own, told he’s “not fit enough” 2
- MLS Snapshot: Seattle Sounders 0-3 LA Galaxy 3
- Premier, Champions League quotas leave Mourinho desperate to sell Torres 5