Apr 11, 2014, 4:23 PM EDT
New Toronto star Jermain Defoe will miss his second straight match with a nagging hamstring, and Michael Bradley could miss out as well as TFC host Colorado.
Toronto manager Ryan Nelsen confirmed Friday that the England international will be out again, after sitting out last week’s 2-0 away win over Columbus
Bradley scored in that match, but was withdrawn in the 73rd minute and according to Nelsen he’s exhausted from a busy two weeks that also involved the USMNT’s 2-2 draw with Mexico.
Nelsen said that international match “killed [Bradley]” and that thanks to his busy schedule “slight things have caught up with him.”
However, whether or not he starts, it’s still possible that the US midfielder could play a part in the match, as Nelsen said “we’re giving him every single chance” and that a decision would be made tomorrow.
Between Defoe and Bradley, the two have scored four of the team’s five goals so far this young season.
Colorado has never won in Toronto, having lost all previous six visits. Toronto has three home matches in their next four after starting the season on the road in three of four.
- Chelsea confirms two-year AC Milan loan for striker Fernando Torres 5
- US men to face Honduras in October; USWNT name roster for Mexico 1
- WATCH: Premier League TV schedule – Week 3 1
- Premier League Preview: Burnley vs. Manchester United 1
- MLS Weekend Preview: Derbies close weekend kicking off off at Sporting Park 1
- Premier League Power Rankings: Familiar faces jostle for the top spot – Week 1 2