Apr 11, 2014, 5:48 PM EDT
With the wounds still healing from their shocking loss to Chelsea in the Champions League quarterfinals, the league is all Paris Saint-Germain have left to look towards.
“It’s always difficult after an elimination like the one we have just suffered against Chelsea, to focus immediately on the championship,” PSG defender Thiago Silva told the official PSG website.
“But when you love winning, you need to know how to bounce back and take the games one at a time.”
Out of the Coupe de France way back in January’s Round of 32, the Parisians now have six league fixtures remaining on their 2013/14 schedule and a 13 point lead.
Our friends at Soccerly.com looked deeper into PSG’s stretch league run:
Nearest challengers Monaco sit 13 points adrift in second place with six games to go, and if they lose away to Rennes on Saturday, the path will be clear for PSG to win a second straight championship by beating Lyon at the Stade de Gerland, the same venue where they wrapped up the title last year.
For more on PSG’s Ligue 1 title hopes, check it out at Soccerly.com.
- Emotional Lampard just as shocked after pegging back ex-club Chelsea (VIDEO) 0
- Manchester City 1-1 Chelsea: Frank Lampard shocks former club with late equalizer 1
- Mario Balotelli mocks Manchester United on twitter 2
- Leicester City 5-3 Manchester United: Foxes complete comeback for the ages 6
- MLS Roundup: Sounders, D.C. United slip; LA gains ground in the West 0
- Premier League Sunday preview: Man City vs. Chelsea; Everton, Spurs, Man United in action 0