Apr 12, 2014, 10:04 PM EDT
It was a day of 1-0s, but what the Premier League lacked in goals on Saturday it made up for in tension. Late one-goal leads for Cardiff City, Everton, and Fulham made for nervy moments for fans tracking relegation and fourth place battles, but when each team held onto its slim lead, tension gave way to progress. Everton claimed fourth place from Arsenal, while Fulham and Cardiff City moved closer to safety (two and three points back of 17th place Norwich City).
The one game that didn’t end 1-0? It supplied the drama. West Brom, searching for its second straight win, were up three on visiting Tottenham after 31 minutes only to give Spurs a goal before halftime. Late in the second, Harry Kane and, four minutes into stoppage time, Christian Eriksen brought Tim Sherwood’s crew back, costing the Baggies two spots in the standings in the process.
Check out all of Saturday’s Premier League highlights, above.
- Mats Hummels says his future is at Dortmund 0
- UEFA Champions League preview: Liverpool face Basel, Arsenal defend the Emirates 0
- Why do Manchester City struggle so much in the Champions League? 0
- Xavi breaks record for Champions League appearances 0
- UEFA Champions League roundup: PSG beat Barcelona, Chelsea top Sporting 2
- Manchester City 1-1 AS Roma: Italians frustrate City as European woe continues 0