Apr 12, 2014, 10:04 PM EST
It was a day of 1-0s, but what the Premier League lacked in goals on Saturday it made up for in tension. Late one-goal leads for Cardiff City, Everton, and Fulham made for nervy moments for fans tracking relegation and fourth place battles, but when each team held onto its slim lead, tension gave way to progress. Everton claimed fourth place from Arsenal, while Fulham and Cardiff City moved closer to safety (two and three points back of 17th place Norwich City).
The one game that didn’t end 1-0? It supplied the drama. West Brom, searching for its second straight win, were up three on visiting Tottenham after 31 minutes only to give Spurs a goal before halftime. Late in the second, Harry Kane and, four minutes into stoppage time, Christian Eriksen brought Tim Sherwood’s crew back, costing the Baggies two spots in the standings in the process.
Check out all of Saturday’s Premier League highlights, above.
- Americans Abroad review: Boyd bags brace, Johannsson heads home (video) 0
- Premier League Preview: Aston Villa vs. Southampton 0
- Inside Look, MLS Cup Playoffs: How Revs, Galaxy built very different one-goal leads 0
- Recap: LA Galaxy grab 1-0 lead over Seattle Sounders in Western Conference Championship 1
- Despite artificial turf, New York Red Bulls’ Thierry Henry says he’ll play next week at New England 1
- Recap: New England Revolution snatch 2-1 lead, two away goals from New York Red Bulls 6