Apr 12, 2014, 10:04 PM EDT
It was a day of 1-0s, but what the Premier League lacked in goals on Saturday it made up for in tension. Late one-goal leads for Cardiff City, Everton, and Fulham made for nervy moments for fans tracking relegation and fourth place battles, but when each team held onto its slim lead, tension gave way to progress. Everton claimed fourth place from Arsenal, while Fulham and Cardiff City moved closer to safety (two and three points back of 17th place Norwich City).
The one game that didn’t end 1-0? It supplied the drama. West Brom, searching for its second straight win, were up three on visiting Tottenham after 31 minutes only to give Spurs a goal before halftime. Late in the second, Harry Kane and, four minutes into stoppage time, Christian Eriksen brought Tim Sherwood’s crew back, costing the Baggies two spots in the standings in the process.
Check out all of Saturday’s Premier League highlights, above.
- Manchester United, adidas unveil kits with “smashing” photos 0
- Pep Guardiola on final year of contract: “Not completely convinced” he’s right for Bayern 0
- FA Community Shield preview: Will Arsenal or Chelsea claim the season’s first reward? 0
- Jose Mourinho issues Chelsea injury update; believes Arsenal can win Premier League 0
- After 12-year absence, Southampton wholeheartedly embrace European return 1
- Theo Walcott signs lucrative four-year contract at Arsenal; Cazorla extends 0