Apr 13, 2014, 9:05 AM EST
The hardest of hearts could be softened at least a touch by this morning’s remarkably moving version of “You’ll Never Walk Alone” sung by the home crowd at Anfield ahead of Liverpool’s huge match with Manchester City, just more than 25 years after the Hillsborough tragedy.
Let’s take a break for words and go to the splendid audio/visual. Enjoy…
For those seeking out background, our own Joe Prince-Wright wrote this piece entitled “How Hillsborough altered English soccer,” and all Premier League clubs observed or will observe a minute of silence and kick-off seven minutes late on the weekend.
- Watch Live: Liverpool vs. West Ham United (Lineups and Live Stream) 0
- Watch Live: Manchester United vs. Leicester City (Lineups and Live Stream) 0
- Premier League transfer needs: What’s been done and what’s left to do by Monday? 1
- WATCH: Premier League TV schedule – Week 23 0
- Geoff Cameron predicts Super Bowl XLIX win for his New England Patriots 1
- Prince-Wright’s Premier League picks: Manchester City, Arsenal, Saints to win 0