Apr 13, 2014, 9:05 AM EDT
The hardest of hearts could be softened at least a touch by this morning’s remarkably moving version of “You’ll Never Walk Alone” sung by the home crowd at Anfield ahead of Liverpool’s huge match with Manchester City, just more than 25 years after the Hillsborough tragedy.
Let’s take a break for words and go to the splendid audio/visual. Enjoy…
For those seeking out background, our own Joe Prince-Wright wrote this piece entitled “How Hillsborough altered English soccer,” and all Premier League clubs observed or will observe a minute of silence and kick-off seven minutes late on the weekend.
- On Jurgen Klinsmann and Michael Bradley and “playing out of position” 4
- Three things we learned from the USMNT’s late 1-1 draw in Switzerland 1
- Player ratings: Stars and flops for the USMNT in 1-1 draw at Switzerland 11
- Switzerland 1-1 USMNT: Another late equalizer cancels out Shea’s stunner 3
- VIDEO: Watch Brek Shea’s stunning free kick for USA against Switzerland 3
- Lineups out for USMNT vs. Switzerland: Williams, Morales, Shea come in; diamond in midfield 2