Apr 13, 2014, 9:05 AM EST
The hardest of hearts could be softened at least a touch by this morning’s remarkably moving version of “You’ll Never Walk Alone” sung by the home crowd at Anfield ahead of Liverpool’s huge match with Manchester City, just more than 25 years after the Hillsborough tragedy.
Let’s take a break for words and go to the splendid audio/visual. Enjoy…
For those seeking out background, our own Joe Prince-Wright wrote this piece entitled “How Hillsborough altered English soccer,” and all Premier League clubs observed or will observe a minute of silence and kick-off seven minutes late on the weekend.
- Prince-Wright’s Premier League picks: Everton, Man United, Man City, Stoke 0
- Watching a UEFA Champions League game with US star Geoff Cameron 0
- WATCH: PST Extra previews Liverpool vs. Manchester City 0
- Jose Mourinho reveals love for League Cup ahead of Chelsea’s final vs. Tottenham 0
- WATCH: Premier League TV schedule – Week 27 0
- New York City FC confirm they tried to sign Xavi, will try again in 2015 0