Apr 13, 2014, 9:05 AM EDT
The hardest of hearts could be softened at least a touch by this morning’s remarkably moving version of “You’ll Never Walk Alone” sung by the home crowd at Anfield ahead of Liverpool’s huge match with Manchester City, just more than 25 years after the Hillsborough tragedy.
Let’s take a break for words and go to the splendid audio/visual. Enjoy…
For those seeking out background, our own Joe Prince-Wright wrote this piece entitled “How Hillsborough altered English soccer,” and all Premier League clubs observed or will observe a minute of silence and kick-off seven minutes late on the weekend.
- MLS Player of the Week — Week 8: Columbus Crew SC’s Ethan Finlay 0
- MLS Team of the Week — Stars of Week 8 0
- Not even allowed an appeal: CONCACAF confirms Bush suspension for Champions League final 2
- Premier League Playback: Chelsea brilliant, not boring, as title inches closer 0
- MLS official squashes rumor of emergency intra-MLS goalkeeper loan for CONCACAF Champions League final 11
- VIDEO: Premier League Player of the Week — Round 34 0