Apr 13, 2014, 1:55 PM EDT
FC Utrecht brought Juan Agudelo after 36 minutes of their match with Heracles Almelo, and he paid almost-immediate dividends.
Agudelo scored his first goal for Utrecht since Feb. 6 on a header in the 40th minute. It was his second goal since leaving New England for Stoke City, immediately going on loan to the Dutch side.
As the 21-year-old looks to make his way to USMNT camp ahead of the World Cup — his lone appearance in a year came as a 84th minute sub against Ukraine — netting goals may help Jurgen Klinsmann extend the invite.
Check the goal out here:
- DaMarcus Beasley, introduced in Houston: I see myself as a left back 0
- Wenger talks Zelalem, gets taste of U.S. obsession for potential international 2
- EXCLUSIVE: Manchester United’s new signing Ander Herrera focused on success 2
- Serbian boss: Freddy Adu sought by Europa, UCL clubs in Serbia, Cyprus 0
- Frank Lampard delighted to sign for New York City FC, start MLS adventure 1
- Official: Frank Lampard unveiled as New York City FC’s latest signing 4