Apr 13, 2014, 1:55 PM EDT
FC Utrecht brought Juan Agudelo after 36 minutes of their match with Heracles Almelo, and he paid almost-immediate dividends.
Agudelo scored his first goal for Utrecht since Feb. 6 on a header in the 40th minute. It was his second goal since leaving New England for Stoke City, immediately going on loan to the Dutch side.
As the 21-year-old looks to make his way to USMNT camp ahead of the World Cup — his lone appearance in a year came as a 84th minute sub against Ukraine — netting goals may help Jurgen Klinsmann extend the invite.
Check the goal out here:
- Transfer needs – Everton, Hull, Leicester, Liverpool, Manchester City 1
- Olivier Giroud undergoes ankle surgery, out 3-4 months for Arsenal 0
- $410 million Las Vegas soccer stadium deal closer; next stop, Major League Soccer… 6
- Report: Arsenal bid $82 million for Edinson Cavani. Remy, Falcao, Welbeck linked 9
- Confirmed: Neil Warnock takes over at Crystal Palace; what will he bring? 0
- PST’s Major League Soccer Power Rankings – Whole New World Edition 1