Apr 13, 2014, 1:55 PM EDT
FC Utrecht brought Juan Agudelo after 36 minutes of their match with Heracles Almelo, and he paid almost-immediate dividends.
Agudelo scored his first goal for Utrecht since Feb. 6 on a header in the 40th minute. It was his second goal since leaving New England for Stoke City, immediately going on loan to the Dutch side.
As the 21-year-old looks to make his way to USMNT camp ahead of the World Cup — his lone appearance in a year came as a 84th minute sub against Ukraine — netting goals may help Jurgen Klinsmann extend the invite.
Check the goal out here:
- Nine FIFA officials, including CONCACAF president, arrested in Switzerland during dawn raids 1
- Report: Multiple FIFA officials arrested in Zurich, will be extradited to United States 3
- Mourinho rips Top 4 rivals at awards dinner; Takes extra shot at Wenger’s Arsenal 1
- Premier League Grades: How did each team fare in 2014-15? 7
- Premier League Playback: Looking back at a memorable 2014-15 season 0
- Didier Drogba open to Major League Soccer move after leaving Chelsea 9