Apr 13, 2014, 1:55 PM EDT
FC Utrecht brought Juan Agudelo after 36 minutes of their match with Heracles Almelo, and he paid almost-immediate dividends.
Agudelo scored his first goal for Utrecht since Feb. 6 on a header in the 40th minute. It was his second goal since leaving New England for Stoke City, immediately going on loan to the Dutch side.
As the 21-year-old looks to make his way to USMNT camp ahead of the World Cup — his lone appearance in a year came as a 84th minute sub against Ukraine — netting goals may help Jurgen Klinsmann extend the invite.
Check the goal out here:
- Manchester United, adidas unveil kits with “smashing” photos 2
- Pep Guardiola on final year of contract: “Not completely convinced” he’s right for Bayern 1
- FA Community Shield preview: Will Arsenal or Chelsea claim the season’s first reward? 1
- Jose Mourinho issues Chelsea injury update; believes Arsenal can win Premier League 0
- After 12-year absence, Southampton wholeheartedly embrace European return 1
- Theo Walcott signs lucrative four-year contract at Arsenal; Cazorla extends 0