Apr 13, 2014, 10:20 AM EDT
While the Premier League world was focused on Liverpool and Manchester City’s enthralling 90 minutes at Anfield, a certain London club is quietly plotting its ascension.
Chelsea travels to Wales for a date with Swansea City, as the Blues hold out hope for a Premier League title (Watch live at 11:07pm ET on NBCSN and online via NBC Sports Live Extra).
Chelsea enters the match five points behind Liverpool, and provided a fair bit of news on the overnight. There’s a Spanish report that says the Blues have decided to trigger the release clause on Atletico Madrid’s dangerous Diego Costa.
Swansea City: Vorm, Rangel, Chico, Williams, Davies, Britton, Shelvey, Dyer, Hernandez, Routledge, Bony.
Subs: Tremmel, Amat, Taylor, Fulton, de Guzman, Emnes, Ngog
- MLS Player of the Week — Week 4 0
- NWSL mega deal sends Sydney Leroux Dwyer to WNY for rights to Abby Wambach 0
- Prolific U.S. U-17 striker chooses club home in NASL 2
- How will the USMNT line up against Switzerland? 3
- British exec says England could look towards 2030 World Cup bid 1
- MLS Snapshot: Real Salt Lake 2-1 Toronto FC 2