Apr 13, 2014, 10:20 AM EDT
While the Premier League world was focused on Liverpool and Manchester City’s enthralling 90 minutes at Anfield, a certain London club is quietly plotting its ascension.
Chelsea travels to Wales for a date with Swansea City, as the Blues hold out hope for a Premier League title (Watch live at 11:07pm ET on NBCSN and online via NBC Sports Live Extra).
Chelsea enters the match five points behind Liverpool, and provided a fair bit of news on the overnight. There’s a Spanish report that says the Blues have decided to trigger the release clause on Atletico Madrid’s dangerous Diego Costa.
Swansea City: Vorm, Rangel, Chico, Williams, Davies, Britton, Shelvey, Dyer, Hernandez, Routledge, Bony.
Subs: Tremmel, Amat, Taylor, Fulton, de Guzman, Emnes, Ngog
- Three things we learned from Barcelona’s huge win vs. Bayern Munich 2
- Barcelona 3-0 Bayern Munich: Messi magic negates Neuer’s first-half heroics 0
- Spanish FA suspends all domestic games over government dispute 2
- Men In Blazers podcast: Chelsea champs, relegation probe, and Domhnall Gleeson 0
- Freak double injury suddenly puts Rais Mbolhi back in pole position to start for Philadelphia 2
- Luis Suarez surprises Uruguayan cancer patient with video call, brings him to tears 2