Apr 13, 2014, 10:20 AM EST
While the Premier League world was focused on Liverpool and Manchester City’s enthralling 90 minutes at Anfield, a certain London club is quietly plotting its ascension.
Chelsea travels to Wales for a date with Swansea City, as the Blues hold out hope for a Premier League title (Watch live at 11:07pm ET on NBCSN and online via NBC Sports Live Extra).
Chelsea enters the match five points behind Liverpool, and provided a fair bit of news on the overnight. There’s a Spanish report that says the Blues have decided to trigger the release clause on Atletico Madrid’s dangerous Diego Costa.
Swansea City: Vorm, Rangel, Chico, Williams, Davies, Britton, Shelvey, Dyer, Hernandez, Routledge, Bony.
Subs: Tremmel, Amat, Taylor, Fulton, de Guzman, Emnes, Ngog
- Report: Houston Dynamo the front-runner to land Erick ‘Cubo’ Torres 0
- Men in Blazers podcast: Man United’s romp, Arsenal’s form and more 0
- Dreams do come true: DC United seal deal for new stadium they will call home 0
- American lawyer Michael Garcia resigns as FIFA’s ethics prosecutor 7
- Report: New England Revolution, Orlando City battling it out for Robinho 2
- Liverpool’s injured Daniel Sturridge to link up with Boston Red Sox 0