Apr 13, 2014, 10:20 AM EDT
While the Premier League world was focused on Liverpool and Manchester City’s enthralling 90 minutes at Anfield, a certain London club is quietly plotting its ascension.
Chelsea travels to Wales for a date with Swansea City, as the Blues hold out hope for a Premier League title (Watch live at 11:07pm ET on NBCSN and online via NBC Sports Live Extra).
Chelsea enters the match five points behind Liverpool, and provided a fair bit of news on the overnight. There’s a Spanish report that says the Blues have decided to trigger the release clause on Atletico Madrid’s dangerous Diego Costa.
Swansea City: Vorm, Rangel, Chico, Williams, Davies, Britton, Shelvey, Dyer, Hernandez, Routledge, Bony.
Subs: Tremmel, Amat, Taylor, Fulton, de Guzman, Emnes, Ngog
- WATCH: Men in Blazers show debuts on NBCSN 0
- Report: Obafemi Martins close to Seattle extension and raise 0
- DC United extends Ben Olsen’s contract after bounceback season 1
- Premier League Download: Tale of the newly-promoted teams 0
- FIFA Executive: “The 2022 World Cup in Qatar will not happen” 7
- Premier League Playback: Legendary Lampard strikes, United’s shambolic implosion 2