Apr 14, 2014, 3:29 PM EDT
More details are coming out regarding Wednesday’s all-but-announced move of Major League Soccer to grant a franchise to Atlanta.
There’s a press conference scheduled for 5pm ET Wednesday that will feature a “an important announcement Wednesday on the future of soccer in Atlanta.”
There’s no news on whether the soundtrack will heavily feature the Eurthymics like David Beckham’s Miami announcement, but we do know this conference will be attended by a similar civic cast of characters.
Atlanta Falcons (and presumed Atlanta MLS) owner Arthur Blank, MLS commissioner Don Garber, Atlanta mayor Kasim Reed and a gentleman named Frank Poe who is the executive director of the Georgia World Congress Center Authority (which I believe is somewhat like the United Nations (That is a joke)).
- Gulati: U.S. Soccer will vote for Prince Ali bin Al-Hussein in FIFA election, not Sepp Blatter 0
- 2014-15 Premier League season review: Summer transfer needs 0
- VIDEO: Premier League 2014-15 review – Top 10 games of the season 2
- By the numbers: 2014-15 Premier League season in review 0
- Sepp Blatter transcript in full; admits “shame and humiliation” of FIFA scandal 3
- UEFA could leave FIFA if Blatter stays on, as support for Prince Ali grows 26