Apr 14, 2014, 3:29 PM EDT
More details are coming out regarding Wednesday’s all-but-announced move of Major League Soccer to grant a franchise to Atlanta.
There’s a press conference scheduled for 5pm ET Wednesday that will feature a “an important announcement Wednesday on the future of soccer in Atlanta.”
There’s no news on whether the soundtrack will heavily feature the Eurthymics like David Beckham’s Miami announcement, but we do know this conference will be attended by a similar civic cast of characters.
Atlanta Falcons (and presumed Atlanta MLS) owner Arthur Blank, MLS commissioner Don Garber, Atlanta mayor Kasim Reed and a gentleman named Frank Poe who is the executive director of the Georgia World Congress Center Authority (which I believe is somewhat like the United Nations (That is a joke)).
- League Cup Roundup: Liverpool survive 15-round shootout, Arsenal out 2
- Manchester City’s Pellegrini won’t rule out Lampard loan extension 0
- PST’s Major League Soccer power rankings: Double(d) vision edition 3
- US Soccer stands by Solo stance; Media backlash keeps on coming 10
- PST’s Major League Soccer player of the week: No question who was tops 0
- WATCH: Men in Blazers show debuts on NBCSN 0