Apr 14, 2014, 3:29 PM EDT
More details are coming out regarding Wednesday’s all-but-announced move of Major League Soccer to grant a franchise to Atlanta.
There’s a press conference scheduled for 5pm ET Wednesday that will feature a “an important announcement Wednesday on the future of soccer in Atlanta.”
There’s no news on whether the soundtrack will heavily feature the Eurthymics like David Beckham’s Miami announcement, but we do know this conference will be attended by a similar civic cast of characters.
Atlanta Falcons (and presumed Atlanta MLS) owner Arthur Blank, MLS commissioner Don Garber, Atlanta mayor Kasim Reed and a gentleman named Frank Poe who is the executive director of the Georgia World Congress Center Authority (which I believe is somewhat like the United Nations (That is a joke)).
- Full list of every transfer made by Premier League clubs during the Summer Transfer Window 0
- Manchester United fires back on De Gea saga, laying blame at feet of Real Madrid 1
- GRADES: How did each Premier League team fare in the Summer Transfer Window? 4
- Manchester United confirm $55 million signing of teenage striker Anthony Martial 0
- Deadline Day transfer rumor roundup: Hector to Chelsea, Berahino to Tottenham 0
- How did David de Gea’s move to Real Madrid collapse? Here’s a few answers 3