Apr 14, 2014, 3:29 PM EDT
More details are coming out regarding Wednesday’s all-but-announced move of Major League Soccer to grant a franchise to Atlanta.
There’s a press conference scheduled for 5pm ET Wednesday that will feature a “an important announcement Wednesday on the future of soccer in Atlanta.”
There’s no news on whether the soundtrack will heavily feature the Eurthymics like David Beckham’s Miami announcement, but we do know this conference will be attended by a similar civic cast of characters.
Atlanta Falcons (and presumed Atlanta MLS) owner Arthur Blank, MLS commissioner Don Garber, Atlanta mayor Kasim Reed and a gentleman named Frank Poe who is the executive director of the Georgia World Congress Center Authority (which I believe is somewhat like the United Nations (That is a joke)).
- Sunderland 0-2 Arsenal: Sanchez seals win after horrendous defending 0
- VIDEO: Russell Brand crashes Sam Allardyce’s presser with a huge kiss 2
- West Ham United 2-1 Manchester City: Hammers stun reigning champs 1
- WATCH: Premier League online via NBC Sports Live Extra – Week 9 0
- Chicago Fire 2-1 Houston Dynamo: Stoppage-time winner caps off Chicago comeback (VIDEO) 1
- Premier League Preview: Sunderland vs. Arsenal 0