Apr 14, 2014, 3:29 PM EST
More details are coming out regarding Wednesday’s all-but-announced move of Major League Soccer to grant a franchise to Atlanta.
There’s a press conference scheduled for 5pm ET Wednesday that will feature a “an important announcement Wednesday on the future of soccer in Atlanta.”
There’s no news on whether the soundtrack will heavily feature the Eurthymics like David Beckham’s Miami announcement, but we do know this conference will be attended by a similar civic cast of characters.
Atlanta Falcons (and presumed Atlanta MLS) owner Arthur Blank, MLS commissioner Don Garber, Atlanta mayor Kasim Reed and a gentleman named Frank Poe who is the executive director of the Georgia World Congress Center Authority (which I believe is somewhat like the United Nations (That is a joke)).
- Liverpool 2-2 Arsenal: Wounded Skrtel turns away Gunners at the death (video) 1
- Arsene Wenger says Arsenal could spend big in January, if the deals are right 0
- Real Madrid outclass San Lorenzo, win 2014 Club World Cup 6
- Premier League Sunday preview: Loaded morning sees Tyne-Wear Derby and Liverpool vs. Arsenal 0
- Premier League roundup: Goals galore as Saints, Tottenham, QPR, Man City win 0
- WATCH: Match of the Day – Recap Saturday’s madness in the Premier League 0