Apr 14, 2014, 9:07 AM EDT
“It’s been a poor week for us,” Port Vale manager Micky Adams admitted.
No kidding. After the weekend’s 4-2 loss to Notts County which likely ended any hopes of reaching the League One playoffs, now they have an internal matter to deal with.
Adams could only reveal to BBC radio there was an “incident” between two players that left captain Doug Loft (pictured) – an innocent bystander – with what the team is classifying as “facial injuries.”
Those injuries will likely see Loft out for the rest of the season.
According to the BBC, the player involved in the altercation, central midfielder Daniel Jones, is subject to disciplinary action when the club concludes their investigation.
Adams said the club will deal with the incident “accordingly and severely” and maintained that “the players who have represented the club over the past two years should feel proud.”
The incident will have a serious impact on the club, as Jones and Loft have combined for 57 appearances this season.
- Tuesday’s Top 5 Champions League Goals: Which was the best? 0
- A Klinsmann Casualty? Juan Agudelo passed on by Wolverhampton 3
- Steven Gerrard admits he denied move to Real Madrid and that it may haunt him in the future 1
- UEFA Champions League roundup: Bayern, Chelsea, Shakhtar go crazy on 40-goal night 0
- Chelsea 6-0 Maribor: Hazard brace keeps Blues atop Group G 0
- AS Roma 1-7 Bayern Munich: Sublime Bayern smash Roma to go five points clear in Group E 1