Apr 14, 2014, 9:07 AM EDT
“It’s been a poor week for us,” Port Vale manager Micky Adams admitted.
No kidding. After the weekend’s 4-2 loss to Notts County which likely ended any hopes of reaching the League One playoffs, now they have an internal matter to deal with.
Adams could only reveal to BBC radio there was an “incident” between two players that left captain Doug Loft (pictured) – an innocent bystander – with what the team is classifying as “facial injuries.”
Those injuries will likely see Loft out for the rest of the season.
According to the BBC, the player involved in the altercation, central midfielder Daniel Jones, is subject to disciplinary action when the club concludes their investigation.
Adams said the club will deal with the incident “accordingly and severely” and maintained that “the players who have represented the club over the past two years should feel proud.”
The incident will have a serious impact on the club, as Jones and Loft have combined for 57 appearances this season.
- UEFA Champions League preview: Juventus vs. Real Madrid in semifinal, 1st leg 1
- Premier League Playback: Title in the bag, can Chelsea now create a dynasty? 0
- Hull City 1-3 Arsenal: Gunners dominant in first half, cruise past Tigers 3
- MLS Team of the Week — Stars of Week 9 0
- Watch Live: Hull City vs. Arsenal (Lineups and Live Stream) 0
- Five things to look out for in UEFA Champions League semifinals 2