Apr 14, 2014, 9:07 AM EDT
“It’s been a poor week for us,” Port Vale manager Micky Adams admitted.
No kidding. After the weekend’s 4-2 loss to Notts County which likely ended any hopes of reaching the League One playoffs, now they have an internal matter to deal with.
Adams could only reveal to BBC radio there was an “incident” between two players that left captain Doug Loft (pictured) – an innocent bystander – with what the team is classifying as “facial injuries.”
Those injuries will likely see Loft out for the rest of the season.
According to the BBC, the player involved in the altercation, central midfielder Daniel Jones, is subject to disciplinary action when the club concludes their investigation.
Adams said the club will deal with the incident “accordingly and severely” and maintained that “the players who have represented the club over the past two years should feel proud.”
The incident will have a serious impact on the club, as Jones and Loft have combined for 57 appearances this season.
- Sunday Transfer Rumor Roundup: Draxler to Wolfsburg, Wanyama to leave Saints 0
- Manchester City officially signs Kevin de Bruyne 0
- Watch Live: Swansea City vs Manchester United (Lineups and Live Stream) 0
- Premier League Sunday preview: Man United looking for revenge vs. Swansea City 1
- Premier League roundup: Chelsea, Liverpool suffer stunning home defeats 0
- Tim Howard ready for USMNT return, as heroics rescue Everton 1