Apr 15, 2014, 11:27 AM EDT
Even John Terry probably thinks this is too much.
For a moment, forget that Mauro Icardi is now living with his ex-teammate’s ex-wife. Ignore that the new couple are responsible for some dirty public Twitter photos, and even look away from the lack of prematch handshake between Icardi and the former teammate in question, Maxi Lopez.
In a vacuum, Icardi committed an absolutely classless offense before match day between Inter Milan and his ex-club, Sampdoria.
His girlfriend and he posted a photo of Lopez’s young children wearing Icardi’s Inter jerseys.
Wow. It follows that Lopez is not happy, especially considering the photos were the latest in a long line.
“I can understand that, being a public figure, he publishes photos. But I’m not comfortable with my kids being in those photos,” Lopez said in comments to Sky Sport that were carried by http://www.gazzetta.it on Wednesday.
Lopez, who has regular contact with his children, added: “The kids are my strength… and they know I will do everything to protect them because they mean everything to me.”
According to blog site Who Ate All The Pies, the Italian media had been referring to the match as the “Derby della Nara” in reference to woman in question, Argentine model Wanda Nara.
There was no hero’s ending, as Icardi scored the match’s first goal before Lopez has a penalty kick saved en route to a 4-0 Inter win.
- Three things we learned from the US Department of Justice news conference on the FIFA investigation 0
- FIFA presidential elections will go on Friday despite arrests 5
- FBI, US Department of Justice issues damning statement on FIFA, details corruption investigation 6
- FIFA fallout continues: Swiss authorities open criminal proceedings into allocation of 2018, 2022 World Cups 4
- Nine FIFA officials, including CONCACAF president, arrested in Switzerland during dawn raids 20
- Report: Multiple FIFA officials arrested in Zurich, will be extradited to United States 8