Apr 15, 2014, 12:46 PM EDT
As many know, today marks the anniversary of the Boston Marathon bombing. Some of you may know that former New England Revolution goalkeeper Matt Reis played a pivotal role in the aftermath of the attack, as his father-in-law was seriously-wounded watching his daughter, Reis’ wife, run the race.
MLSSoccer.com’s cool MLS Insider” series has a 8 1/2 minute video piece on Reis’ heroics on that that awful day. It’s a touching video that has some incredibly emotive moments between the lines, including the knowledge that Reis and his 7-year-old son were forced to move from a site very near to the blast in order to get a better view of the runners.
Check it out:
- VIDEO: Can Manchester United beat Chelsea? PST Extra breaks it down 2
- MLS Atlanta urges David Beckham, Miami to share stadium with Dolphins 10
- Reality check: Outclassed by Real Madrid, what now for Liverpool? 0
- After winless October, USA drop out of top 20 in latest FIFA rankings 6
- PST’s MLS Rookie of the Year: Shipp, Hagglund, Akindele or Birnbaum? 0
- It’s official: World No. 3 Colombia to face USMNT in London on Nov. 14 0