Apr 15, 2014, 1:21 PM EST
- Arsenal unbeaten in six years vs. West Ham at Emirates
- Hammers have won 2 of last 3 PL fixtures
- Arsenal 17W-3D-4L in all home competitions this season
With no wins in its last four matches and the UEFA Champions League in question, Arsenal looks to home cooking to serve up a London derby win as West Ham comes to town (Watch live on NBCSN and online at 2:45pm ET Tuesday via NBC Sports Live Extra)
West Ham last took a point from Arsenal in an October 2009 draw, and hasn’t beaten the Gunners since an April 7, 2007 win at the Emirates.
West Ham’s 37 points are seven ahead of the drop and six behind 10th place Stoke.
What They’re Saying
Arsenal forward Olivier Giroud on the mid-week match: ““We know that we have to win every single game. We are going to have six finals now, if I can say that. Hopefully Everton will lose some points, maybe against the two Manchester clubs or Southampton. Every single game will be tough for everyone so let’s do the job first and we will have a look at where we are.”
West Ham defender James Tomkins on looking for a win across town: “We’re looking forward to it; it’s going to be a good game. I think we’ve got a good chance, but they’re going to be up for it no matter what. If we keep it tight until half-time and then maybe we can catch them on the counter-attack.”
The Hammers played Liverpool tough in their last outing, and even the Emirates won’t make for a Gunners cake walk. Still, Arsenal has enough class to keep things interesting in the Top Four. Give the Gunners are 2-1 win.
- Inside Look: Not much separating Red Bulls, Revolution ahead of Eastern Conference Championship, leg 1 0
- WATCH: Premier League TV schedule – Week 12 0
- Inside Look: LA Galaxy, Seattle Sounders to square off in Western Conference Championship, leg 1 0
- Prince-Wright’s Premier League picks: Chelsea, Everton, Manchester City 0
- These deserving nominees are the biggest snubs of MLS Award season 4
- Former Man Utd teammates Welbeck, Rooney prepares for “weird” match as Arsenal hosts Red Devils 0