Apr 16, 2014, 9:40 PM EDT
The mid-week schedule was a short one, but each result brought a slight tweak to how we view the top of the Premier League table:
- On Tuesday, West Ham took a first half lead on Arsenal before the Gunners charged back with three goals, two from Lukas Podolski. The 3-1 result moved Arsenal past Everton and into fourth place.
- On Wednesday, the Toffees couldn’t reclaim their spot, giving up three goals at home to a typically goal-starved Crystal Palace while being upset, 3-2.
- And in a second Wednesday surprise, Manchester City needed a late goal from Samir Nasri to salvage a point against last place Sunderland, with the 2-2 draw dealing a major blow to the team’s title hopes.
In video form, here’s a review of the Premier League’s mid-week slate, one which leaves both Liverpool and Chelsea in control of their title destinies. Wednesday’s games are above. Tuesday’s result, below:
- MLS Player of the Week — Week 8: Columbus Crew SC’s Ethan Finlay 0
- MLS Team of the Week — Stars of Week 8 0
- Not even allowed an appeal: CONCACAF confirms Bush suspension for Champions League final 2
- Premier League Playback: Chelsea brilliant, not boring, as title inches closer 0
- MLS official squashes rumor of emergency intra-MLS goalkeeper loan for CONCACAF Champions League final 11
- VIDEO: Premier League Player of the Week — Round 34 0