Apr 16, 2014, 9:40 PM EDT
The mid-week schedule was a short one, but each result brought a slight tweak to how we view the top of the Premier League table:
- On Tuesday, West Ham took a first half lead on Arsenal before the Gunners charged back with three goals, two from Lukas Podolski. The 3-1 result moved Arsenal past Everton and into fourth place.
- On Wednesday, the Toffees couldn’t reclaim their spot, giving up three goals at home to a typically goal-starved Crystal Palace while being upset, 3-2.
- And in a second Wednesday surprise, Manchester City needed a late goal from Samir Nasri to salvage a point against last place Sunderland, with the 2-2 draw dealing a major blow to the team’s title hopes.
In video form, here’s a review of the Premier League’s mid-week slate, one which leaves both Liverpool and Chelsea in control of their title destinies. Wednesday’s games are above. Tuesday’s result, below:
- Real Madrid 3-1 Barcelona: Real fight back to seal El Clasico victory 0
- Sunderland 0-2 Arsenal: Sanchez seals win after horrendous defending 0
- VIDEO: Russell Brand crashes Sam Allardyce’s presser with a huge kiss 2
- West Ham United 2-1 Manchester City: Hammers stun reigning champs 1
- WATCH: Premier League online via NBC Sports Live Extra – Week 9 0
- Chicago Fire 2-1 Houston Dynamo: Stoppage-time winner caps off Chicago comeback (VIDEO) 1