Apr 16, 2014, 9:40 PM EDT
The mid-week schedule was a short one, but each result brought a slight tweak to how we view the top of the Premier League table:
- On Tuesday, West Ham took a first half lead on Arsenal before the Gunners charged back with three goals, two from Lukas Podolski. The 3-1 result moved Arsenal past Everton and into fourth place.
- On Wednesday, the Toffees couldn’t reclaim their spot, giving up three goals at home to a typically goal-starved Crystal Palace while being upset, 3-2.
- And in a second Wednesday surprise, Manchester City needed a late goal from Samir Nasri to salvage a point against last place Sunderland, with the 2-2 draw dealing a major blow to the team’s title hopes.
In video form, here’s a review of the Premier League’s mid-week slate, one which leaves both Liverpool and Chelsea in control of their title destinies. Wednesday’s games are above. Tuesday’s result, below:
- Reports: Arsenal to fork over $26 mil for Manchester United’s Welbeck 0
- Done Deal: Daley Blind is officially a member of Manchester United 1
- Stoke want to keep USA’s Geoff Cameron, Southampton in the hunt 0
- Tottenham Hotspur offer $26 million plus Andros Townsend for Jay Rodriguez 1
- Julian Green completes loan move to Hamburg 0
- Premier League Playback – Deadline Day madness, Chelsea’s ‘killers,’ Liverpool’s fluid-three 2