Apr 16, 2014, 9:40 PM EDT
The mid-week schedule was a short one, but each result brought a slight tweak to how we view the top of the Premier League table:
- On Tuesday, West Ham took a first half lead on Arsenal before the Gunners charged back with three goals, two from Lukas Podolski. The 3-1 result moved Arsenal past Everton and into fourth place.
- On Wednesday, the Toffees couldn’t reclaim their spot, giving up three goals at home to a typically goal-starved Crystal Palace while being upset, 3-2.
- And in a second Wednesday surprise, Manchester City needed a late goal from Samir Nasri to salvage a point against last place Sunderland, with the 2-2 draw dealing a major blow to the team’s title hopes.
In video form, here’s a review of the Premier League’s mid-week slate, one which leaves both Liverpool and Chelsea in control of their title destinies. Wednesday’s games are above. Tuesday’s result, below:
- Krieger credits Ellis, communication for United States’ defensive success 2
- Chile 0-0 (4-1 PKs) Argentina: Chile’s first Copa America title in 99-year history (video) 2
- Lloyd, Brian prove crucial to United States’ turnaround at Women’s World Cup 2
- Report: Robin van Persie agrees to personal terms with Fenerbahce 4
- Copa America Final preview: Argentina looks for first title since 1993 against hosts Chile 0
- Transfer Rumor Roundup: KPB to Orlando City, Liverpool in for Brazilian teen 4