Apr 16, 2014, 2:56 PM EDT
After a truly inspirational performance to lead his side past title rivals Manchester City, there’s no surprise that Steven Gerrard picked up the Player of the Week award this week.
He didn’t score, but Gerrard didn’t pretty much everything else as he worked tirelessly in the engine room to keep City’s attackers at bay. Gerrard, 33, has won every trophy possible with Liverpool in his illustrious 17-year career at Anfield… except the Premier League title.
With tears in his eyes at the final whistle last Sunday, Gerrard rallied his troops on the pitch at Anfield as the emotions of the Hillsborough anniversary and the tension in the title race got to him.
A big summer is coming up for Gerrard as England’s captain in Brazil at the World Cup, but he still has plenty of work to do in the final four games of the PL season if the Reds are to win their first title in 24 years.
After Steve G’s inspirational performances, it’s hard to bet against Liverpool winning this title.
- Full list of every transfer made by Premier League clubs during the Summer Transfer Window 0
- Manchester United fires back on De Gea saga, laying blame at feet of Real Madrid 1
- GRADES: How did each Premier League team fare in the Summer Transfer Window? 7
- Manchester United confirm $55 million signing of teenage striker Anthony Martial 0
- Deadline Day transfer rumor roundup: Hector to Chelsea, Berahino to Tottenham 0
- How did David de Gea’s move to Real Madrid collapse? Here’s a few answers 3