Apr 19, 2014, 1:26 PM EDT
Chelsea and Sunderland are going at it at Stamford Bridge, as the title chasers and relegation favorites collide.
Despite an even start to the match, second-placed Chelsea went 1-0 up after 12 minutes when Willian‘s corner found Samuel Eto’o in the six-yard box and the Cameroonian striker volleyed the ball home to put the Blues in front.
Yet despite that perfect start for the title-chasers, bottom club Sunderland were level six minutes later. A corner kick routine found Marcos Alonso on the edge of the box and his low drive could only be parried by Chelsea’s stand-in ‘keeper Mark Schwarzer, as Connor Wickham cleaned up to net his third goal in two games.
The score remained 1-1 at the interval, as fans of Liverpool and Manchester City will be hoping to see the Blues drop points and give up their grasp on the Premier League title.
Can Jose Mourinho’s men fight back and win against the Black Cats? Or will Sunderland secure a crucial win that would see them go within three points of safety?
Click on the link above to watch live online.
- Steven Gerrard will play somewhere next season, Liverpool deal or not 0
- Los Angeles officially given new MLS team; Magic Johnson, Vincent Tan among investors 4
- PST Extra: Getting you ready for The Manchester Derby (video) 0
- European clubs propose later domestic Cup finals, April-May World Cup in 2022 4
- Rumors know no window: Liverpool after Reus, Manchester United wants Draxler 2
- VIDEO: Hugely-controversial call sees FC Dallas past Vancouver in playoffs. Your vote? 12