Apr 20, 2014, 2:40 PM EDT
Young 19-year-old Raheem Sterling brought the ball up the left touchline, looking for teammates in a dangerous position.
Sure as can be, Suarez was there to slot the ball home. But how on earth did Sterling know Suarez would end up at the far post of the Norwich goal?
NBC cameras caught Sterling and Suarez discussing exactly that before the match, with the Uruguayan describing for the youngster exactly where they would go.
It’s this teamwork that has helped Liverpool make a surging run to the top of the Barclays Premier League table, and they are likely to stay there. Countless times this season the squad has given one another the chance to make something happen.
Suarez again was at the center of a selfless act later in the Sunday match with Norwich, in the dying moments of the game.
With Liverpool looking to put the game away with a late two-goal lead, Suarez was given the chance to tie the Premier League goalscoring record. Instead, he laid off to Lucas, who loosed a pair of salvos which were saved and blocked respectively.
Suarez will likely have plenty of chances to equal or best the record of 31 goals with three matches remaining, but so many times players would look to score themselves in those situations.
Here you can see the video shown at halftime with Suarez speaking to Sterling before the match, and the resulting goal (their second) which Suarez used their previously discussed play to beat Norwich’s defense and bag Liverpool’s second.
- US Open Cup draw: Sounders-Timbers, NYCFC-NY Cosmos highlight possible 4th-round clashes 0
- Agent: Sterling wouldn’t sign new Liverpool deal, even for $1.4 million a week 6
- Leicester, QPR, Burnley players earn England call-ups for June matches 2
- US Open Cup second round wrap: Several USL sides clipped by “minnows” 1
- Mats Hummels rejects Manchester United move, will stay at Dortmund 5
- Wayne Rooney on Manchester United’s season: We have met our main goals 1