Apr 20, 2014, 9:47 AM EDT
Aaron Ramsey, in his first start since late December, has given Arsenal a 1-0 lead just after the half hour mark at KC Stadium.
With Hull City starting out the more dangerous of the two, Arsenal remained composed and built slowly and methodically until the host defense opened up.
Mesut Ozil broke down the middle of the pitch and with two defenders tracking, he looked to cut out to the right, but instead he slammed on the brakes and found Cazorla trailing the play. The Spaniard then cut to an open Ramsey in the box in front of him, and the Welshman coolly finished past Steve Harper.
In fine early-season form, Ramsey saw his eight-goal surge halted by a serious thigh-muscle strain which kept him out for nearly four months, but his goal today sees him pick up where he left off in December.
The goal is Ramsey’s first since a brace against Cardiff on November 30th of last calendar year.
With the Gunners clinging by a hair to the final Champions League spot, every point is precious and they will no doubt be pleased to open the scoring on the road.
- WATCH LIVE: The USWNT takes on Germany in the Women’s World Cup semifinals (Lineups, Live Stream) 0
- Reports: Galaxy on verge of landing El Tri star Dos Santos as “core player” 2
- Report: Sepp Blatter will not attend Women’s World Cup final 0
- Nigel Pearson fired as manager by Leicester City 2
- NBC Sports to air Barclays Asia Trophy as Arsenal, Everton and Stoke head to Singapore 0
- How should USWNT line up against Germany in World Cup semifinal? 3