Apr 20, 2014, 5:45 PM EST
Atletico Madrid is now three wins away from its first La Liga title since 1996, but Barcelona is doing what it can to prolong the race. Meanwhile, idle Real Madrid could only watch as it fell to third.
After 70 minutes of scoreless play, Miranda put Atletico on the scoreboard before a Diego Costa penalty in the 90th minute ensured that the hosts wouldn’t give any ground to Barca before the Blaugranas kicked off.
And there were concerns at Camp Nou thanks to a brilliant goal by Aritz Aduriz in the 50th minute, but Pedro equalized in the 72nd minute before — who else? — Lionel Messi netted his 26th La Liga goal of the season.
Celta Vigo is feeling much better about its La Liga life after a three-goal second half propelled it to a 4-2 win in a 6-point relegation scrap against Almeria. Nolito scored his 9th and 10th goals, one in each half, as the visitors spoiled the scene — and maybe season — of the hosts.
- Rayo Vallecano 3-1 Real Betis — The hosts led 3-0 by the 51st minute, coasting to make safety a near-certainty after a brutal start to the season.
- Osasuna 1-1 Valencia — Jonas canceled out Riera’s early goal with an 82nd minute goal.
- Sevilla 4-0 Granada — Three different goal scorers were aided by an own-goal, as Kevin Gameiro kept up his fine form with his 14th goal of the season and fifth in three matches.
- Real Sociedad 2-1 Espanyol— Barcelona’s “other” team continues to tumble as Sociedad rises, at least for a day, to sixth.
- Levante 0-0 Getafe – Goal differential keeps Getafe in the drop zone despite point.
- Malaga vs. Villarreal – Monday
Feb 27, 2015, 11:46 PM EST
Louis van Gaal speaks of Manchester United’s mindset at this stage of the season.
Feb 27, 2015, 10:50 PM EST
Celtic released a statement that urged fans to join hunt for the people who set off fireworks in Europa League competition and violated UEFA’s code of conduct.
Feb 27, 2015, 10:10 PM EST
Garber: “We had hoped that by now this would have been resolved.”
Feb 27, 2015, 9:15 PM EST
Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho asserted the Premier League’s reputation is at stake with Nemanja Matic’s ban.
Feb 27, 2015, 7:32 PM EST
Freddy Adu will have a shot to revive his career in Sweden.
Feb 27, 2015, 6:48 PM EST
Bale and Ronaldo are set to perform in Sunday’s match vs. Villarreal after not taking part in full training sessions this week.
Feb 27, 2015, 5:40 PM EST
Bayern Munich unsurprisingly improves on their position in league competition.
Feb 27, 2015, 4:50 PM EST
Quick look at Americans utilizing their talents overseas.
Feb 27, 2015, 4:20 PM EST
Citizens, Red Devils and Toffees will all bag big wins this weekend, according to PST’s Editor and Lead Writer.
Feb 27, 2015, 3:50 PM EST
Preview of West Ham-Crystal Palace match airing live on NBCSN this Saturday morning.
Feb 27, 2015, 3:16 PM EST
In our latest with Stoke City and U.S. national team star Geoff Cameron, we sit down in his house and watch Arsenal’s clash with AS Monaco.
Feb 27, 2015, 2:55 PM EST
The PST Extra crew dissect the key areas as Liverpool host Man City on Sunday.
Feb 27, 2015, 2:25 PM EST
Watch United vs. Sunderland live on NBCSN and online via Live Extra at 10 a.m. ET on Saturday.
Feb 27, 2015, 1:48 PM EST
Mourinho speaks about Chelsea’s aim to lift the League Cup at Wembley this Sunday.
Feb 27, 2015, 12:44 PM EST
Where and how to watch all the Premier League games during Week 27.
Feb 27, 2015, 12:01 PM EST
Blatter: “The World Cup will not go on until the 23rd, definitely not.”
Feb 27, 2015, 10:56 AM EST
Would Xavi head to NYCFC later this year?
Feb 27, 2015, 10:00 AM EST
The Toffees get a tricky test in Kiev, while Italy dominates the last 16 with five clubs.
Feb 27, 2015, 9:20 AM EST
Gunners midfielder goes under the knife once again.
Feb 27, 2015, 8:30 AM EST
Dutchman is out of pivotal stretch with right ankle injury.
- Prince-Wright’s Premier League picks: Everton, Man United, Man City, Stoke 0
- Watching a UEFA Champions League game with US star Geoff Cameron 0
- WATCH: PST Extra previews Liverpool vs. Manchester City 0
- Jose Mourinho reveals love for League Cup ahead of Chelsea’s final vs. Tottenham 0
- WATCH: Premier League TV schedule – Week 27 0
- New York City FC confirm they tried to sign Xavi, will try again in 2015 0