Apr 20, 2014, 7:13 AM EDT
At just 19 years old, Sterling received a ball from out wide and scythed his way into space in front of the box. Instead of looking to cut into the box, he moved laterally and rifled a howitzer into the back of the net for an early lead.
An elated Sterling immediately found his manager on the touchline for a big hug, as the lead is the first step to putting the Reds five points clear of Chelsea at the top of the table with three matches remaining.
It wasn’t long before they doubled their lead, with Sterling this time playing creator as he easily found Luis Suarez making a run in the box who had the whole net to pick out and didn’t miss. It’s Suarez’s 30th goal of the season.
The lead is two now for the Reds just on the stroke of 10 minutes.
Norwich have made their intentions clear, not sitting back and instead looking to put through their own attacks, but it’s hurt them at the back and again Liverpool show a blistering start.
Ruddy has since been forced into duty again, this time saving well from Joe Allen from close range but a tight angle in the ninth minute.
A loss would be devastating for Norwich, who have a very difficult list of remaining fixtures. The Canaries currently sit in 17th position, just two points above relegation.
- Swansea City 2-1 Manchester United: Swans comeback stuns Red Devils 1
- Sunday Transfer Rumor Roundup: Draxler to Wolfsburg, Wanyama to leave Saints 1
- Manchester City officially signs Kevin de Bruyne 1
- Watch Live: Swansea City vs Manchester United (Lineups and Live Stream) 0
- Premier League Sunday preview: Man United looking for revenge vs. Swansea City 1
- Premier League roundup: Chelsea, Liverpool suffer stunning home defeats 0