Apr 20, 2014, 6:41 PM EST
Ale Bedoya’s goal before halftime almost didn’t happen; French U-21 starlet Jordan Veretout barely kept the ball in bounds before feeding a pass into the box.
But he did keep the ball in bounds, allowing Bedoya’s well-timed run to end with a thunderous half-volley past Valenciennes goalkeeper Macedo Novaes. The strike gave Nantes a second goal en route to a 6-2 win.
Bedoya, who turns 27 later this month, now has six goals in all competitions this season. That includes five in Ligue 1 play, with four coming away from home. He’s scored professionally in three countries.
Nantes rose to 11th on the table, while Valenciennes is six points shy of safety.
- 2015 MLS season preview: Sporting Kansas City 0
- WATCH: Premier League live online via NBC Sports Live Extra – Week 28 0
- 2015 MLS season preview: FC Dallas 0
- The Western Conference will continue to dominate MLS, and we all know it 0
- Wednesday’s Premier League Preview: Seven games in action-packed matchday 0
- WATCH: Incredible 60-yard pass leads Montreal ouster of Pachuca in CONCACAF Champions League 4