Apr 20, 2014, 6:37 AM EDT
Liverpool can grab the Premier League trophy by one handle if they can take all three points, as the Reds look to pounce on the opportunity at Carrow Road at 7am ET on NBCSN or live online at NBC Sports Live Extra.
Brendan Rodgers has been handed a fantastic opportunity after Chelsea lost to last-placed Sunderland yesterday, dealing the Blues a massive blow in the title race.
Now, all Liverpool must do is take care of business against the table’s 17th-placed side and they would go five points clear with three matches to go.
Unfortunately, they’ll have to do so without Daniel Sturridge and Jordan Henderson, two big misses down the stretch. Sturridge – owner of 20 league goals and the other half of “SAS” with Luis Suarez – has a hamstring issue. Henderson is suspended for three matches for a red card in last week’s dying moments.
On the other end, the Canaries have plenty to fight for. An absolutely brutal schedule to finish the season has them favorites to be relegated, and they are looking for an upset – somewhere, anywhere – to avoid the drop.
After Liverpool, Norwich have Manchester United, Chelsea, and Arsenal to close the season, and points must come from somewhere if they are to remain in the Premier League next season.
Norwich will be without defender Joseph Yobo and Sebastian Bassong due to injury, and Elliot Bennett continues to miss out from a long-term knee problem, although he’s close to returning. Interm manager Neil Adams has selected Gary Hooper up front after a poor performance by Ricky van Wolfswinkel last week against Fulham.
Norwich City – Ruddy; Whittaker, Martin, Turner, Olsson; Johnson; Howson, Fer; Snodgrass; Redmond, Hooper.
Bench – Bunn, van Wolfswinkel, Gutierrez, Garrido, R Bennett, Tettey, Josh Murphy.
Liverpool – Mignolet; Johnson, Skrtel, Sakho, Flanagan; Gerrard, Lucas, Allen, Sterling, Coutinho; Suarez.
Bench – Jones, Toure, Agger, Cissokho, Moses, Alberto, Aspas.
- MLS preview: FC Dallas vs. Sounders, Whitecaps vs. Timbers headline Week 4 0
- Report: Liverpool’s Daniel Sturridge to miss a month with hip injury 7
- EURO 2016 preview: Qualifying resumes for England, Spain, Germany, Italy 0
- Lionel Messi earns $1.4 million per week, tops Cristiano Ronaldo, Neymar as richest player 4
- Morgan Schneiderlin wants Southampton exit if they fail to make UEFA Champions League 4
- VIDEO: Cristiano Ronaldo could be fined, suspended for “calm down” celebration 6