Apr 21, 2014, 10:37 PM EST
What odds would you give that Luis Suarez has a real idea of what Paul McCartney has meant to the pop culture world? Perhaps better put: Did the Uruguay and Liverpool striker know who The Beatles were before this interview?
And what would be his favorite Beatles song? Perhaps “Day Tripper” as a mistaken ode to his reputation in the box. Given the title race, it’s definitely not “Hey Jude.”
In any event, the rock and roll legend came together with the Premier League’s best striker for a conversation ahead of the Everton-supporting Liverpool musician’s show in Uruguay this past weekend.
Luis’ unawareness made the interview as interesting and queer as it made it zany, specially towards the end, when McCartney let out a subtle cheer for the Reds cross-county bitter rivals.
The pair also shared pleasantries about their countries facing each-other in the World Cup at the group stage, where McCartney assured the Uruguayan that England would take all of the accolades in the summer, but that the striker was free to dedicate a goal to him if he chose to.
Suarez: If England is eliminated before Uruguay, will you support Uruguay? If I have your word I will dedicate a goal to you!
McCartney: That’s a difficult question because because England are not going to be defeated by Uruguay. I’m sorry, England are going to win the World Cup. You know that, I know that, we all know that. But please dedicate a goal to me anyway!
- Premier League transfer needs: What’s been done and what’s left to do by Monday? 1
- WATCH: Premier League TV schedule – Week 23 0
- Geoff Cameron predicts Super Bowl XLIX win for his New England Patriots 1
- Prince-Wright’s Premier League picks: Manchester City, Arsenal, Saints to win 0
- Premier League Preview: Chelsea vs. Manchester City 0
- Ban upheld: Diego Costa to miss Saturday’s visit from Manchester City, 2 more 3