Apr 22, 2014, 8:11 AM EDT
Borussia Dortmund wizard Jurgen Klopp has ruled himself out of the Manchester United gig in near-record time following the dismissal of David Moyes from Old Trafford this morning.
Klopp, 46, signed an extension last year that would keep him at the German club through 2018, though that hasn’t stopped his name from being linked with seemingly every big-name opening under the sun.
“Man Utd is a great club and I feel very familiar with their wonderful fans. But my commitment to Borussia Dortmund and the people is not breakable.”
United did inquire about the possibility of attaining his services recently but were told that Klopp was insistent on honouring his contract at the Signal Iduna Park.
Sounds like bad news for Tottenham, Barcelona and whomever else, huh?
- Premier League teams on US Soil: Tuesday’s roundup and look ahead 0
- Racial incident against Man City’s Fofana ends U-21 match in Croatia 0
- Sorting through the most recent DaMarcus Beasley-to-MLS reports 1
- Report: Xavi’s move to New York City FC collapses, will remain at Barcelona 2
- Pep Guardiola: For now, Julian Green will remain with Bayern Munich’s first team 6
- Real Madrid sign James Rodriguez for $107 million 6