Apr 22, 2014, 8:11 AM EST
Borussia Dortmund wizard Jurgen Klopp has ruled himself out of the Manchester United gig in near-record time following the dismissal of David Moyes from Old Trafford this morning.
Klopp, 46, signed an extension last year that would keep him at the German club through 2018, though that hasn’t stopped his name from being linked with seemingly every big-name opening under the sun.
“Man Utd is a great club and I feel very familiar with their wonderful fans. But my commitment to Borussia Dortmund and the people is not breakable.”
United did inquire about the possibility of attaining his services recently but were told that Klopp was insistent on honouring his contract at the Signal Iduna Park.
Sounds like bad news for Tottenham, Barcelona and whomever else, huh?
- Arsene Wenger says Arsenal could spend big in January, if the deals are right 0
- Real Madrid outclass San Lorenzo, win 2014 Club World Cup 6
- Premier League Sunday preview: Loaded morning sees Tyne-Wear Derby and Liverpool vs. Arsenal 0
- Premier League roundup: Goals galore as Saints, Tottenham, QPR, Man City win 0
- WATCH: Match of the Day – Recap Saturday’s madness in the Premier League 0
- After “two points dropped” at Aston Villa, Wayne Rooney says media was driving title talk 0