Apr 22, 2014, 8:11 AM EST
Borussia Dortmund wizard Jurgen Klopp has ruled himself out of the Manchester United gig in near-record time following the dismissal of David Moyes from Old Trafford this morning.
Klopp, 46, signed an extension last year that would keep him at the German club through 2018, though that hasn’t stopped his name from being linked with seemingly every big-name opening under the sun.
“Man Utd is a great club and I feel very familiar with their wonderful fans. But my commitment to Borussia Dortmund and the people is not breakable.”
United did inquire about the possibility of attaining his services recently but were told that Klopp was insistent on honouring his contract at the Signal Iduna Park.
Sounds like bad news for Tottenham, Barcelona and whomever else, huh?
- Iker Casillas to MLS? Real Madrid legend: “I would like to play in the United States” 0
- Chile vs. USA preview: Who’s here to stay as USMNT kicks off 2015? 0
- Report: Juan Agudelo close to signing with his former MLS team, New England Revolution 5
- Head of Dutch FA, Michael van Praag, will challenge Blatter for FIFA presidency 2
- Newcastle United name John Carver head coach until end of 2014-15 season 0
- Transfer ban for Real Madrid? Probe launched after signing of Venezuelan kids 3