Apr 22, 2014, 8:11 AM EST
Borussia Dortmund wizard Jurgen Klopp has ruled himself out of the Manchester United gig in near-record time following the dismissal of David Moyes from Old Trafford this morning.
Klopp, 46, signed an extension last year that would keep him at the German club through 2018, though that hasn’t stopped his name from being linked with seemingly every big-name opening under the sun.
“Man Utd is a great club and I feel very familiar with their wonderful fans. But my commitment to Borussia Dortmund and the people is not breakable.”
United did inquire about the possibility of attaining his services recently but were told that Klopp was insistent on honouring his contract at the Signal Iduna Park.
Sounds like bad news for Tottenham, Barcelona and whomever else, huh?
- Inside Look, MLS Cup Playoffs: How Revs, Galaxy built very different one-goal leads 0
- Recap: LA Galaxy grab 1-0 lead over Seattle Sounders in Western Conference Championship 1
- Despite artificial turf, New York Red Bulls’ Thierry Henry says he’ll play next week at New England 1
- Recap: New England Revolution snatch 2-1 lead, two away goals from New York Red Bulls 6
- Video: Brendan Rodgers says Liverpool needs to “become a team” 1
- Crystal Palace 3-1 Liverpool: Bolasie carves up Liverpool defense 3