Apr 22, 2014, 1:56 PM EST
The lineups are out for Tuesday’s UEFA Champions League semifinal first leg between Atletico Madrid and Chelsea in Spain and, as expected, Blues boss Jose Mourinho will trot out former Atleti star Fernando Torres at forward.
Both teams have plenty of talent on the bench should things get dicey for the Starting XI, with David Villa and Arda Turan available for Atleti and Demba Ba, Andre Schurrle and Oscar in reserve roles for Chelsea.
Bursting onto the scene as an 18-year-old in 2002, Fernando Torres scored double-digit goals in each of his five La Liga campaigns. The totals are fairly gaudy: 75 goals in 173 games before leaving for Liverpool.
Atletico Madrid: Courtois; Torres, Miranda, Godin, Luis, Gabi, Suarez, Koke, Ribas, Garcia, Costa
Subs: Aranzubia, Alderweireld, Cardoso, Turan, Sosa, Rodriguez, Villa
Subs: Schwarzer, Kalas, Ake, Van Ginkel, Oscar, Schurrle, Ba
- Jose Mourinho to Schalke after Chelsea’s 5-0 win: “It’s not your fault” 0
- Bob Bradley’s talks with a Swedish club have broken down; Staying at Stabaek? 0
- UEFA Champions League roundup: Chelsea win group, Man City’s late show, classy PSG 0
- Manchester City 3-2 Bayern Munich: Aguero’s hat trick hands Citizens lifeline 4
- Schalke 0-5 Chelsea: Blues with an untouchable performance against old boss 0
- Lionel Messi breaks Raul’s record for Champions League goals (video) 0