Apr 22, 2014, 1:56 PM EDT
The lineups are out for Tuesday’s UEFA Champions League semifinal first leg between Atletico Madrid and Chelsea in Spain and, as expected, Blues boss Jose Mourinho will trot out former Atleti star Fernando Torres at forward.
Both teams have plenty of talent on the bench should things get dicey for the Starting XI, with David Villa and Arda Turan available for Atleti and Demba Ba, Andre Schurrle and Oscar in reserve roles for Chelsea.
Bursting onto the scene as an 18-year-old in 2002, Fernando Torres scored double-digit goals in each of his five La Liga campaigns. The totals are fairly gaudy: 75 goals in 173 games before leaving for Liverpool.
Atletico Madrid: Courtois; Torres, Miranda, Godin, Luis, Gabi, Suarez, Koke, Ribas, Garcia, Costa
Subs: Aranzubia, Alderweireld, Cardoso, Turan, Sosa, Rodriguez, Villa
Subs: Schwarzer, Kalas, Ake, Van Ginkel, Oscar, Schurrle, Ba
- Manchester United, adidas unveil kits with “smashing” photos 0
- Pep Guardiola on final year of contract: “Not completely convinced” he’s right for Bayern 0
- FA Community Shield preview: Will Arsenal or Chelsea claim the season’s first reward? 0
- Jose Mourinho issues Chelsea injury update; believes Arsenal can win Premier League 0
- After 12-year absence, Southampton wholeheartedly embrace European return 1
- Theo Walcott signs lucrative four-year contract at Arsenal; Cazorla extends 0