Apr 22, 2014, 10:48 AM EDT
Stoke City went ahead and signed Juan Agudelo despite his inability to land a work permit in England early this year, immediately loaning him to FC Utrecht in the Eredivisie.
And so far head coach Mark Hughes likes what he’s seen, as the Potters reapply for an English permit that would allow the 21-year-old striker to don the red and white of Stoke.
Agudelo has two goals and an assist in 12 total appearances — seven starts — for Utrecht.
“Juan did very well in the game I saw. He scored a good goal, showed a lot of technical ability as well and I was able to see him after the game which was pleasing because I haven’t seen him for a number of weeks.“He seemed quite content and is happy with his situation. Utrecht is a good club; they’ve got a good set-up and I was very impressed with their stadium which is a nice stage for him to ply his trade.”
- VIDEO: Top 10 goals of the MLS season (heading into the final weekend) 0
- UEFA Champions League roundup: Madrid clubs, Borussia Dortmund roll 0
- Three things we learned as Real Madrid rout Liverpool 0
- Arsenal’s Podolski, Gibbs break Belgian hearts in left-for-late win 0
- Liverpool 0-3 Real Madrid: Reigning champions roll Reds aside with ease 0
- Setting the scene at Anfield, as Liverpool host Real Madrid in UEFA Champions League 0