Apr 22, 2014, 10:48 AM EDT
Stoke City went ahead and signed Juan Agudelo despite his inability to land a work permit in England early this year, immediately loaning him to FC Utrecht in the Eredivisie.
And so far head coach Mark Hughes likes what he’s seen, as the Potters reapply for an English permit that would allow the 21-year-old striker to don the red and white of Stoke.
Agudelo has two goals and an assist in 12 total appearances — seven starts — for Utrecht.
“Juan did very well in the game I saw. He scored a good goal, showed a lot of technical ability as well and I was able to see him after the game which was pleasing because I haven’t seen him for a number of weeks.“He seemed quite content and is happy with his situation. Utrecht is a good club; they’ve got a good set-up and I was very impressed with their stadium which is a nice stage for him to ply his trade.”
- The world wants Laura Bassett to know that her own goal is nothing to be ashamed of… 0
- Minnesota United misses MLS stadium deadline; Deputy commissioner speaks out 2
- Stoppage-time own goal sinks England, sends Japan to Women’s World Cup final 5
- Stars of CONCACAF: Ranking the top 10 players at the 2015 Gold Cup 7
- “Angel Di Maria has most talent at Manchester United,” says teammate. Agree? 10
- VIDEO: Breaking down the done deals and transfer gossip in PST Extra 0