Apr 22, 2014, 10:48 AM EDT
Stoke City went ahead and signed Juan Agudelo despite his inability to land a work permit in England early this year, immediately loaning him to FC Utrecht in the Eredivisie.
And so far head coach Mark Hughes likes what he’s seen, as the Potters reapply for an English permit that would allow the 21-year-old striker to don the red and white of Stoke.
Agudelo has two goals and an assist in 12 total appearances — seven starts — for Utrecht.
“Juan did very well in the game I saw. He scored a good goal, showed a lot of technical ability as well and I was able to see him after the game which was pleasing because I haven’t seen him for a number of weeks.“He seemed quite content and is happy with his situation. Utrecht is a good club; they’ve got a good set-up and I was very impressed with their stadium which is a nice stage for him to ply his trade.”
- Three things we learned from Barcelona’s huge win vs. Bayern Munich 1
- Barcelona 3-0 Bayern Munich: Messi magic negates Neuer’s first-half heroics 0
- Spanish FA suspends all domestic games over government dispute 0
- Men In Blazers podcast: Chelsea champs, relegation probe, and Domhnall Gleeson 0
- Freak double injury suddenly puts Rais Mbolhi back in pole position to start for Philadelphia 1
- Luis Suarez surprises Uruguayan cancer patient with video call, brings him to tears 2