Apr 23, 2014, 9:40 AM EST
Jermaine Jones has new ink, and it’s patriotic on a near-Jeremy Shockey level with a Paul Stanley twist.
The USMNT midfielder posted this shot to his Instagram account on Tuesday, proclaiming his new stars and stripes knee tattoo complete.
With Besiktas set to play Sivasspor on Sunday at Noon, who knows how Jones will protect that extra-sensitive area? Fortunately, it seems like it won’t be as prohibitive as the ‘large-scale back tattoo’ that was expected to — but didn’t — keep controversial American back John Anthony Brooks from Hertha Berlin’s lineup last week.
Some of the comments on Andy Edwards’ MLSSoccer.com post on the piece are pretty telling when it comes to Jones’ reputation; Fans are expecting this American ink to be headed for the bodies of many a World Cup foe. And given Jones’ penchant for clobbering opponents, is that reaction really that far off?
Also, if you don’t follow Jones on Twitter and are curious whether his children also represent hair to to the fullest…
The new Besiktas supporter!! My kids are amazing there can’t wait for Friday!! Daddy’s first game… pic.twitter.com/2R8priScga
— Jermaine Jones (@Jermainejunior) February 24, 2014
- Raheem Sterling named best young player in Europe, wins ‘Golden Boy’ award 0
- Watch Live: Manchester City vs. Crystal Palace (Lineups and Live Stream) 0
- WATCH: Premier League online via NBC Sports Live Extra – Week 17 0
- MLS announces home openers for 2015 season 2
- Mourinho says Eden Hazard can become an all-time great 2
- After failed odyssey abroad, Brek Shea returns to MLS with Orlando City 3