Apr 23, 2014, 11:41 AM EDT
If David Moyes wants to leave the United Kingdom after his failed experiment at Manchester United, American legend Landon Donovan says the Scottish manager could do a great job in Major League Soccer.
Speaking with Sports Illustrated’s SI Now, Donovan spent some time lamenting Moyes’ dismissal from the Red Devils, lauding his former Everton boss and proffering future ideas for the Scot.
The current Los Angeles Galaxy attacker played for Moyes during a successful loan stints at Goodison Park in 2010 and 2012.
“I would love to have him here,” Donovan said. “We have a fantastic coach in L.A. with Bruce, so it probably wouldn’t be in L.A. But he’s a terrific manager. I know he loves America. He often traveled to America for preseason with Everton and with other teams.”
“I love David Moyes, not only as a manager but as a person. He was very good to me. He brought me to Everton and I was very hopeful he would do well at Manchester United. It’s sad to see that he didn’t get a little more time. But that’s the way the world works these days and I’m sure he’ll fall on his feet and do well.”
You can watch the entire video below.
- Omar Gonzalez still dreams of Europe but “committed to the Galaxy” 0
- EXCLUSIVE: Luke Shaw speaks out about Manchester United move 1
- Pep Guardiola praises Jurgen Klinsmann’s team concept, USMNT movement 0
- Premier League teams on US Soil: Tuesday’s roundup and look ahead 2
- Racial incident against Man City’s Fofana ends U-21 match in Croatia 0
- Sorting through the most recent DaMarcus Beasley-to-MLS reports 3