Apr 23, 2014, 8:04 AM EDT
They’re getting the band back together, man.
In a PR-savvy move, Manchester United has Tweeted that another of the “Class of ’92” is into the coaching fold. Paul Scholes is set to assist interim manager Ryan Giggs, joining Phil Neville and Nicky Butt in the dugout.
United fired David Moyes on Tuesday with the backing of Sir Alex Ferguson, and now all-hands seem on deck to make sure fans and attractive prospective coaches are reminded of the glory, glory of Man Utd.
Scholes opted against taking up a full-time position under Moyes as he wanted to spend time with his family.
But, with long-time friend Ryan Giggs now in charge and former team-mates Nicky Butt and Phil Neville assisting, he has agreed to help out.
It’s great to see Paul Scholes here at the Aon Training Complex today, assisting Ryan Giggs, Nicky Butt and Phil Neville. #mufc
— Manchester United (@ManUtd) April 23, 2014
As you can see, the Tweet doesn’t make Scholes inclusion anything other than a continuation of his “helping out” on occasion, as he had turned down a permanent job from Moyes in the summer (though he had supported “time” for the embattled manager).
- Seattle 2-0 L.A. Galaxy: Pappa the hero again, Sounders win 1st Shield 0
- Premier League roundup: Arsenal, Saints win, Manchester City stunned (video) 0
- Real Madrid 3-1 Barcelona: Real win El Clasico, Suarez returns 3
- Sunderland 0-2 Arsenal: Sanchez seals win after horrendous defending (video) 0
- VIDEO: Russell Brand crashes Sam Allardyce’s presser with a huge kiss 2
- West Ham United 2-1 Manchester City: Hammers stun reigning champs (video) 1